Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating before a Reds game

Tailgating before a Reds game

We will be in town this weekend for the divisional race Cards/Reds games. Anyone on here able to recommend a place that would be good for tailgating/grilling/cornhole before the game?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tailgating before a Reds game

Quote Originally Posted by jtharris79 View Post
    We will be in town this weekend for the divisional race Cards/Reds games. Anyone on here able to recommend a place that would be good for tailgating/grilling/cornhole before the game?

Tailgating is pretty much non-existant at Reds games. You might want to check out the In Between Tavern. I believe their patio has a cornhole game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

How about the lot near Paul Brown Stadium?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Thanks Chip, I was afraid of that. We may try the whole Covington bars/ferry ride thing. Do they still run the ferry or was the info I was reading outdated? Thanks for your help, not real familiar with Cincinnati.

Thanks Chip, I was afraid of that. We may try the whole Covington bars/ferry ride thing. Do they still run the ferry or was the info I was reading outdated? Thanks for your help, not real familiar with Cincinnati.
    Hooters does the ferry thing. Takes you right to the landing and back to Hooters for $5, I think.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    How about the lot near Paul Brown Stadium?
    I have tailgated there before two games in the past. One this year and one last year. I don't know if you are allowed/supposed to do so, but no one has said anything to me in the past. I would go for it. Having a few brats and beers before Reds games is a good way to kick it off.

Newport on the levee has a whole slew of restaurants/bars/pubs and you can take the $1.25 shuttle or just walk over on the purple bridge right outside.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Just go ahead and do it. Start a tradition. Pull your RV into the lot and put your sofa chairs outside with big screen tv's and start grilling.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Just go ahead and do it. Start a tradition. Pull your RV into the lot and put your sofa chairs outside with big screen tv's and start grilling.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I've been to:

In Between Tavern (across from the Stadium)
    Hoffbrahaus (across river in Newport, KY) - personal favorite
    Bulldog's (Newport)
    Sully's (a few blocks up on Race street) - I think it's closed now

just to name a few. Great places for a few suds. I'd reccomend walking around newport for a couple minutes and picking from any of those places..
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Covington Mainstrasse has Maifest this weekend. Parking will be at a premium.

How did it work out? Did you end up tailgating before the game?

You can tailgate at Longworth Hall. It's an easy 5 block walk. You just turn left out of the lot, walk past Bengals stadium, and go about a block and walk up stairs, you're right there.

The flyer said the restaurant at Longworth Hall is having its opening and for $10 you can park, or tailgate, listen to live music, and get some free food.

Grecos is the new restaurant and the number is 513 721 FOOD. But I'm sure you can just show up and tailgate as they'll have some one at the parking booth.

Longworth is lit a night so it's nice to not have to trip in gravel.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Mike, are you working for Grecos? You just signed up and the only two posts you have made are about tailgating there, on threads that haven't been talked about for 2 years.

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-28-2013)

No need to go to Newport or Covington ... the fun stuff is on the Cincinnati side. And, if you want to tailgate, the surface lot adjacent to PBS would be perfect. It's a big Bengals tailgate lot and there's no reason you wouldn't be able to set up shop before a Reds game either.

If not that, there's always Holy Grail, Toby Keith's, Moerlein Lager House and it's huge lawn, InBetween and other places. The days of Newport being the fall-back place to go before/after games are over.

Turn Off Ads?