Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

14 18.67%
  • Tucker Barnhart

1 1.33%
  • Drew Cisco

1 1.33%
  • Daniel Corcino

1 1.33%
  • Jonathan Correa

2 2.67%
  • Danny Dorn

1 1.33%
  • Juan Duran

20 26.67%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

1 1.33%
  • Matt Klinker

0 0%
  • Sam Lecure

14 18.67%
  • Kris Negron

3 4.00%
  • Felix Perez

1 1.33%
  • Henry Rodriguez

2 2.67%
  • Neftali Soto

3 4.00%
  • Daryl Thompson

1 1.33%
  • Ronald Torreyes

10 13.33%
  • Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C
    Prospect #7 - Todd Frazier, IF/OF
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco, 3B
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart, SS
    Prospect #10 - David Sappelt, CF
    Prospect #11 - Donnie Joseph, LHP
    Prospect #12 - Ismael Guillon, LHP
    Prospect #13 - Brad Boxberger, RHP
    Prospect #14 - Chris Valaika, IF
    Prospect #15 - Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
    Prospect #16 - Ryan LaMarre, OF

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Junior Arias. Again. Love the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Junior Arias. Again. Love the tools.
    I've been voting Duran for the same reason. Does Arias have the glove? My understanding is that he's kind of brutal, but its just an impression that I don't even remember how I got.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I've been voting Duran for the same reason. Does Arias have the glove? My understanding is that he's kind of brutal, but its just an impression that I don't even remember how I got.
    He is 18 years old. From a tools perspective, his defense should be fine in the long run from what I have read. He isn't likely to be a shortstop though.

The analysts are saying that LeCure could slip in here if Torreyes, Duran and Arias split the young-buck vote.

Meanwhile, I've been awaiting the showdown between Arias and Torreyes. Oh, the intrigue.

Duran again. I'm not sure it's a valid reason, but I know how ticked I'd be if the Reds traded Duran for someone like Lecure...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

How about H-Rod here. The guy can do it all.

Tons of quality prospects still on the board even at #17. I didn't realize how deep our system was until this top 40 thing. I like Correa here. He can't be too far behind Guillon.

toughest thing to hit in all of baseball is a well placed fastball and that is lecures trademark.

Going with Drew Cisco here

Like his upside

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Duran again. I'm not sure it's a valid reason, but I know how ticked I'd be if the Reds traded Duran for someone like Lecure...
    Actually, I think that's the best reason. I'm not a big Duran guy, but I agree with that method. Which player would you be most reluctant to give up in a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    The analysts are saying that LeCure could slip in here if Torreyes, Duran and Arias split the young-buck vote.

Meanwhile, I've been awaiting the showdown between Arias and Torreyes. Oh, the intrigue.
    The fact that this is even in question is a bit crazy IMO. Tools wise, they aren't even close. Production wise, its pretty similar. Torreyes didn't even get 100 PA this year in the US. Arias through his first month and a half in the AZL hit .298/.343/.524 (124 at bats). Arias slumped in August and it sent his overall numbers a little lower. I don't know, I just don't think its close to time to put Torreyes on the list.

I look at those numbers and see the opposite, 2 guys essentially the same age (Torreyes is 8 months younger), and Torreyes out-produced him at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I look at those numbers and see the opposite, 2 guys essentially the same age (Torreyes is 8 months younger), and Torreyes out-produced him at the same level.
    In less than a month's worth of time. And that is what I am saying. Even if it were over a full season in rookie ball, I still wouldn't pay attention between good and very good when it comes to the numbers. Tools are what matter most at those ages.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The fact that this is even in question is a bit crazy IMO. Tools wise, they aren't even close. Production wise, its pretty similar. Torreyes didn't even get 100 PA this year in the US. Arias through his first month and a half in the AZL hit .298/.343/.524 (124 at bats). Arias slumped in August and it sent his overall numbers a little lower. I don't know, I just don't think its close to time to put Torreyes on the list.
    You're a tools guy. I'm more of a baseball-player guy. That said, I can easily respect your position there--particularly since you're privy to more scouting reports than most of us. But it seems like quite a reach to say that their production is "pretty similar." You're isolating the limited at-bats that Torreyes had at the same level, where--admittedly in a small sample size--he outproduced Arias by 54 points of OPS. Meanwhile, you've ignored his foreign performance. I understand that you don't put much stock in the foreign rookie leagues, and that's fine. Nonetheless, the career difference in OPS is .999 to .754. To call that "pretty similar" production is really taking liberties, IMO.

Turn Off Ads?