Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy knowledge of the game

Cowboy knowledge of the game

Does it bother anyone else or is it just me? He acts like he knows everything , The Reds could just get rid of the Manager, Pitching coach,Hitting coach and everyone else and just hire him, If he knows so much then why is he an announcer? When he is on I turn to the other teams feed sometimes. I cant stand the tards mad Hungarian, Can I say that on here?
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

2. Likes:

mth123 (07-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Cowboy knowledge of the game

Not a Cowboy fan myself for this very reason.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    Does it bother anyone else or is it just me? He acts like he knows everything , The Reds could just get rid of the Manager, Pitching coach,Hitting coach and everyone else and just hire him, If he knows so much then why is he an announcer? When he is on I turn to the other teams feed sometimes.
    He's an ex-player and they live in the minutiae of the game on the field. I'd rather hear him talk about baseball than his trencherman habits of inhaling ice cream and ribs.

I cant stand the tards mad Hungarian, Can I say that on here?
    Much like Dr. Seuss, I wouldn't say it here, there or anywhere.

Does it bother anyone else or is it just me? He acts like he knows everything , The Reds could just get rid of the Manager, Pitching coach,Hitting coach and everyone else and just hire him, If he knows so much then why is he an announcer? When he is on I turn to the other teams feed sometimes. I cant stand the tards mad Hungarian, Can I say that on here?
    Id rather have him talk than Kelch..I cant stand that guy..He knows NOTHING about baseball.

But Magic Johnson is an announcer and I bet there arent many men who know basketball as well as him.

There are a lot of great athletes that probably know more than some coaches that are announcers right now

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I love Jim Kelch. A no nonsense kind of announcer who will correct someone else when they are wrong on the air. He is fantastic.

Brantley.... he is very much hit and miss. When he is right, he is right. But when he is wrong, man is he wrong. Then there is all of the trash in the middle that has nothing to do with baseball, which unfortunately is about 75% of the stuff he talks about.

8. Likes:

Chip R (07-02-2013),George Anderson (07-02-2013),Hubba (07-02-2013)

Interesting that you would dislike a characteristic such "know-it-all'ness" and yet still hang our here where it's EXTREMELY pervasive.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

I think Kelch is great. I didn't care for him at first, but he's growing on me over time. My favorite tandem is Kelch and Welsh. I just can't stand all of Thom's over-announcing.

And I really don't believe anything Brantley says. I've caught him in out and out lies often enough, I just tune him out.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    And I really don't believe anything Brantley says. I've caught him in out and out lies often enough, I just tune him out.
    Could you give examples, please?

When Brantley is talking about pitching, I think he is fantastic. Admittedly, pitching is my weakest area of knowledge, and I enjoy hearing him breaking down a pitchers mechanics and pitch selection. However, when it comes to offensive strategy, I disagree with him quite a bit.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

13. Likes:

Always Red (07-02-2013),Chip R (07-02-2013),cumberlandreds (07-02-2013),dougdirt (07-02-2013),wlf WV (07-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    When Brantley is talking about pitching, I think he is fantastic. Admittedly, pitching is my weakest area of knowledge, and I enjoy hearing him breaking down a pitchers mechanics and pitch selection. However, when it comes to offensive strategy, I disagree with him quite a bit.
    Totally agree. Great on pitching but anything else he just needs to be quiet. I hate it when they get him started talking about food. After that he forgets about the game. I really don't want to hear two hours worth of how much of a glutton he really is.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Brantley really knows pitching and he picks up on pitching issues immediately and he knows what pitch will get the batter out.

The "Cowboy" is so over the top though.

16. Likes:

Chip R (07-02-2013),wlf WV (07-02-2013)

The only one in the bunch I don't like is Thom. He talks way to much and overanalyzes everything. He also has one of the most annoying laughs that I have ever heard. If I was going to try and spell out the way he laughs it'd be: Toohaha.

It's like he adds a "Too" before he laughs.

His daily reminder that "America is the greatest country in the world", and his strange obsession with the military is odd.

18. Likes:

joshua (07-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    The only one in the bunch I don't like is Thom. He talks way to much and overanalyzes everything. He also has one of the most annoying laughs that I have ever heard. If I was going to try and spell out the way he laughs it'd be: Toohaha.

It's like he adds a "Too" before he laughs.

His daily reminder that "America is the greatest country in the world", and his strange obsession with the military is odd.
    America is the best country in the world and our military are volunteers that go to war and die for people that don't appreciate them.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

20. Likes:

Brisco (07-02-2013),Bumstead (07-02-2013),keeganbrick (07-02-2013),Number_Fourteen (07-03-2013),wlf WV (07-02-2013)

America is the best country in the world and our military are volunteers that go to war and die for people that don't appreciate them.
    Volunteers? I thought they get paid to be in the military. Don't get me wrong I love USA as much as the next guy but I would say Norway is probably better (although what would I know I only lived there for 3 years lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Volunteers? I thought they get paid to be in the military. Don't get me wrong I love USA as much as the next guy but I would say Norway is probably better (although what would I know I only lived there for 3 years lol)
    Get paid...please...20 years ago they were offering $26K for 6 years of service like it was a big deal...If you consider that payment for their sacrifice, then I don't know what to say...

23. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (07-03-2013),Redlegs (07-04-2013),wlf WV (07-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?