Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! Did you witness their dugout?? I sure did & we don't have one bit of it.....I saw Carpenter, Schumaker & later Wainwright when he was out of the lineup with nonstop cheering, greeting each player, back slaps...you know the whole bit...
    Matheny said he'd never seen anything like it....It was like a HS football locker room...He said instead of Wainwright hanging his head he was up cheering like crazy...He said they have a never say die attitude....I know what your thinking, we make alot of comebacks...sure we do...to what teams?? great teams?? Sure some, if someone strings some hits together...Our M.O. is sit by yourself or next to one guy & everyone just hopes...no chatter at all....Sure I believe Frazier will be great for this but we need a couple more....This to me is the answer....Winners don't know how to lose....
    Last edited by redsrolen; 10-13-2012 at 06:59 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just saw Mike Matheny on MLB & I know what the Cardinals have!!!

The Cardinals are an awesome team.

Luck is what the Cardinals have that the Reds don't.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Old sauce, dude.

I used to think you had valid points, now I realize it is all soaked in bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Old sauce, dude.

I used to think you had valid points, now I realize it is all soaked in bitterness.

The Cardinals had the 11th best record in all of MLB and 13 of the 14 games over .500 came vs the Majors 3 worst teams. They won 41% of their season total of wins vs teams that had 90 losses or more.

To put that 41% of wins vs 90 loss or more teams into perspective a team like the Angels missed the playoffs and had more wins than the Cardinals but won just 27% of their wins vs 90 loss clubs.

They Angles had just 3 wins vs the 3 worst MLB teams while the Cardinals had 26!

Also for the record I was here saying how dumb the 2nd Wild Card was before the Cards even were leading in it over the Pirates let alone winning in the playoffs from the spot.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.

...and faith, grit, a good manager and playoff experience.

The Cardinals had the 11th best record in all of MLB and 13 of the 14 games over .500 came vs the Majors 3 worst teams. They won 41% of their season total of wins vs teams that had 90 losses or more.

To put that 41% of wins vs 90 loss or more teams into perspective a team like the Angels missed the playoffs and had more wins than the Cardinals but won just 27% of their wins vs 90 loss clubs.

They Angles had just 3 wins vs the 3 worst MLB teams while the Cardinals had 26!

Also for the record I was here saying how dumb the 2nd Wild Card was before the Cards even were leading in it over the Pirates let alone winning in the playoffs from the spot.

Is it the Cardinals fault they qualified for the postseason under the current system?

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Is it the Cardinals fault they qualified for the postseason under the current system?
    No its not their fault but it doesn't make them any less lucky.

No its not their fault but it doesn't make them any less lucky.
    The Cardinals earn their luck with hard work, faith, grit and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by birdsonthebat View Post
    ...and faith, grit, a good manager and playoff experience.
    They don't have a good manager at all, Matheny cost them countless games this year and is the reason why they have a losing record on the road, in 1 run games and in extra innings games.

The 3 wins they won vs the Nats in the DS they scored 9.67 runs per game taking all managing out of his hands, the two they lost came on bad moves by MM that both changed the game.

The Cardinals earn their luck with hard work, faith, grit and determination.
    Or getting 41% of the wins vs teams with 90 or more losses, I doubt any of those 3 thing you least affect the Cards have the two worst teams in the majors playing in their Division.

The Cards had tied with the 29th easiest SOS in MLB this year and had tied for the 11th most wins in baseball.

They don't have a good manager at all, Matheny cost them countless games this year and is the reason why they have a losing record on the road, in 1 run games and in extra innings games.

The 3 wins they won vs the Nats in the DS they scored 9.67 runs per game taking all managing out of his hands, the two they lost came on bad moves by MM that both changed the game.
    Matheny is a great manager and will only get better once his buddy Scott Rolen joins him in St.Louis next season as 1st base coach.

I'll agree here. Matheny isn't a great manager but he's not horrible. There's a learning process, but it definitely helps having guys like Beltran, Berkman, Molina and Carpenter in the clubhouse.

I would argue that the game 1 loss couldn't be placed on MM. The hit that drove in the winning run was a pitch outside to a dead pull hitter who flicked his bat at it. If you want to call anything lucky, that was it. But it fell so it is what it is, and the Nats got the credit.

Matheny is a great manager and will only get better once his buddy Scott Rolen joins him in St.Louis next season as 1st base coach.
    No wonder Missouri is the meth capital of the world, if anyone thinks Matheny is a great manager then they most be on drugs. He's not even a good manager, no team in the majors has their manager cost them more games than the Cardinals.

The Cards win when they play at a level that limits his moves, if they needs to be a key BP more or a double switch he will mess it up that's why they sucked having a losing record on the road, one run games and extra inning games. Which also carried over to 0-2 in the playoffs in one run games.

Honest question. Should I get a pizza, or tacos for dinner?

Turn Off Ads?