Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton At Minute Maid?

Milton At Minute Maid?

I hope he can keep all those fly balls to center field and not left.

I would think there could be a way around having a flyball pitcher go in a park like this. Maybe get some guy off the street to try and last 4 or 5 innnings for us?
    Now watch when we go to LA he wont pitch at all.

BTW a winning record on this road trip would be HUGE

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton At Minute Maid?

For the Reds, he's only pitched one game at Minute Maid, back in 2005 - 5 ER's, it shows a 4.05 ERA, but I don't see how that can be possible when he's let up 5 earned runs. Eight hits - in his really lousy '05 season.

For a Level Playing Field

Eric Milton's only had 1 start as a REDS player in Minute Maid Park (April 10, 2005). 3 home runs (Biggio, Bagwell & Ensberg) allowed in 4.1 innings pitched.

A guy I work with suggested flip flopping Milton and Lohse, so that Milton went against Oswalt yesterday. His thinking was that against Oswalt, it was a lost cause anyway. I immediately disagreed being unwilling to write off any game, but in retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a terrible idea.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Hopefully the "potent" REDS offense can give Milton more support than the 11 runs they have scored in the first 4 games he has started this season. That includes scoring just 1 run in each of the last two games Milton has started. As Marty would say, "That just ain't gettin' it done."

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    A guy I work with suggested flip flopping Milton and Lohse, so that Milton went against Oswalt yesterday. His thinking was that against Oswalt, it was a lost cause anyway. I immediately disagreed being unwilling to write off any game, but in retrospect, maybe it wasn't such a terrible idea.

If your gonna write off a game you might as well pitch someone like Conine...... I heard he's a scrappy vet. Maybe he could scrap his way to a victory on the mound.

But Honestly your first thought was right on......dont send a message to the team that you arent trying as hard as you can to win every single game.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWilly View Post
    If your gonna write off a game you might as well pitch someone like Conine...... I heard he's a scrappy vet. Maybe he could scrap his way to a victory on the mound.

But Honestly your first thought was right on......dont send a message to the team that you arent trying as hard as you can to win every single game.
    Problem is we get the same matchup (Lohse vs. Oswalt) on Monday at GABP.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Problem is we get the same matchup (Lohse vs. Oswalt) on Monday at GABP.

So you agree we should throw a 'stros a curveball and pitch Conine Monday at GABP? lol

How many losses will it take before this guy is out of the rotation. You have a chance at a winning road trip and you throw Milton out there in the deciding game.

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    How many losses will it take before this guy is out of the rotation. You have a chance at a winning road trip and you throw Milton out there in the deciding game.
    He'll have to really be clubbed around in 3-5 starts before it's even discussed by the FO, for a 5th starter he hasn't been horrible.

Yet
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    He'll have to really be clubbed around in 3-5 starts before it's even discussed by the FO, for a 5th starter he hasn't been horrible.

Yet

How badly Milton performs probably wont have anything to do with how long he lasts. He'll stay untill someone is ready to replace him. That someone seems to be doing pretty well in AAA.

Now, if Milton starts to perform wonderfully, then that obviously prolongs his stay. And no that doesnt mean we can root against him.
    Yet
    Last edited by RedWilly; 05-03-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    Problem is it is also hard to win if you can only manage 1 run in a game. The REDS had a 1-0 win this year, but they are few and far between. Milton is far from good, but he has given the REDS a chance in every game he has started this year <runs and hides>.

Milton will be fine today. I predict he goes at least 7 with less than 3 runs.

Eric Milton hasn't been bad this season. He's actually been pretty decent for a #5 starter, and has given us a chance every time out. I want to see him out of the rotation as much as anyone because his ceiling obviously isn't high, but with that being said, if the offense could score for him, he'd be looking a lot better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Milton will be fine today. I predict he goes at least 7 with less than 3 runs.
    Let's hope we give him some run support this time.

Turn Off Ads?