Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane Kiffin Fired

Lane Kiffin Fired

After getting blown out by ASU, Kiffin was fired by USC. I really hope this is the last we see the guy in college football.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lane Kiffin Fired

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    After getting blown out by ASU, Kiffin was fired by USC. I really hope this is the last we see the guy in college football.
    I have a feeling it'll be much worse than that... ESPN seems like his likely destination.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

So with his career path we can expect him to be....the next coach at Texas? Never seen an undeserving coach get so many good jobs like he has.

5. Likes:

redsfanmia (09-29-2013),Sea Ray (09-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    So with his career path we can expect him to be....the next coach at Texas? Never seen an undeserving coach get so many good jobs like he has.
    I was thinking Dallas Cowboys.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

What boggles my mind is that everyone could see this coming, except USC. If there was ever a time where I was certain it was going to end badly, it was Kiffin to USC (and Rich Rod at Michigan).
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Pulled him off of the bus as the airport to fire him.

Classy, USC. Classy.

Maybe it was a match made in heaven.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I think even his dad saw the writing on the wall and got out.

His one year in Tennessee told me everything I needed to know about the guy. How he treated other coaches, and ultimately how he left Knoxville. I'm a UK fan but I felt sorry for the Vols when he upped and left.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

On a semi related note, I wonder what it will take for Texas to can Mack Brown? The only coach I've seen do less with more is Rick Barnes, who ironically coaches at the same school.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    What boggles my mind is that everyone could see this coming, except USC. If there was ever a time where I was certain it was going to end badly, it was Kiffin to USC (and Rich Rod at Michigan).
    To be fair, current AD Pat Haden didn't hire Kiffin; former AD Mike Garrett -- who didn't even know who Gene Keady was when Keady called to express interest in the Trojan hoops opening in '96 -- did.

Unlike Kiffin, Rich Rod was a proven head coach when Michigan hired him. One can also present a strong case that ponying up 750,000 to pry Greg Mattison away from the NFL to become Michigan's DC has had a larger impact on Michigan's resurgence than hiring Brady Hoke as HC and if the Michigan powers-that-be had done so for Rich Rod, he's still be there.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Kiffin was a total joke. I went to two USC games this year and I've never seen an offense with so much talent be completely wasted by inept coaching. Play calling, scheme, rotations...everything was mismanaged and awful. With even half way decent coaching this team could win every game left on the schedule minus Stanford.

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Pulled him off of the bus as the airport to fire him.

Classy, USC. Classy.
    Kiffin was never classy in any of his moves, why should usc?
    Go Gators!

16. Likes:

Joseph (09-29-2013)

I think Kiffin's problem is he didn't cheat enough. he should have taken some tips from his predecessor, Pete.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Kiffin was never classy in any of his moves, why should usc?
    I honestly don't know much about what he did/didn't do. But pulling him off of the team bus at the airport to fire him isn't how you go about it. Call him to your office after the game. This wasn't a situation where he and his boss got into it and it led to an on the spot firing. They planned this. It was in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I honestly don't know much about what he did/didn't do. But pulling him off of the team bus at the airport to fire him isn't how you go about it. Call him to your office after the game. This wasn't a situation where he and his boss got into it and it led to an on the spot firing. They planned this. It was in poor taste.
    Elements of the account of his firing such as being pulled off the team bus are in dispute.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?