Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transactions

Transactions

Reds optioned to Louisville IF Yonder Alonso and LHP Bill Bray; optioned to Carolina RHP Jordan Smith and LHP Philippe Valiquette; assigned to Louisville RHP Jon Adkins and OF Josh Anderson.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Transactions

From C Trent on Twitter - Rest of the Reds moves: optioned to AAA: Del Rosario, LeCure, Valaika, Viola. Mesoraco assigned to AAA. Jukich returned, assigned to AAA

Procedural question:What is the difference between being optioned to AAA and being assigned to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Procedural question:What is the difference between being optioned to AAA and being assigned to AAA?
    Being optioned uses an option because the player was on the 40 man roster and didn't make the 25 man roster. Being assigned there means you were a non roster invitee who was sent to the minors. Simply being assigned there though doesn't mean that is where you will start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    From C Trent on Twitter - Rest of the Reds moves: optioned to AAA: Del Rosario, LeCure, Valaika, Viola. Mesoraco assigned to AAA. Jukich returned, assigned to AAA
    I saw that the Cards were trying to work out a trade so they could keep Jukich and start him in the minors.I bet that was a phone call that Jocketty enjoyed.I have never herd directly from Jocketty that he has any hard feelings for the Cards but I'd bet he won't be doing them any favors anytime soon.

Senor Votto

Devin Mesoraco is going to be in AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Devin Mesoraco is going to be in AAA?
    As Doug said... "not necessarily" and in his case I'd say definitely not

I think Hal had an update on the same question, its just a procedural move for now, Mes will start in AA

Anybody got any insight into Jukich?

Lefty. Looks to have a great K/9, but haven't heard much of him otherwise.

Would appreciate any scouting reports - personal or other - you all may have.

Thanks!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Anybody got any insight into Jukich?

Lefty. Looks to have a great K/9, but haven't heard much of him otherwise.

Would appreciate any scouting reports - personal or other - you all may have.

Thanks!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    As a starter he tops out around 88 MPH. Good breaking ball. Loogy option, but probably not much else given the depth the Reds have with starters and bullpen options.

As a starter he tops out around 88 MPH. Good breaking ball. Loogy option, but probably not much else given the depth the Reds have with starters and bullpen options.
    Cool, thanks doug.

So, why the high K/9, does he have a solid "out pitch" or something? What gives?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

One problem with using him as LOOGY was pointed out by Fay. Lefties hit him better than righties.

Edit: It may not have been Fay as I can't find the link.
    Last edited by klw; 03-19-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Cool, thanks doug.

So, why the high K/9, does he have a solid "out pitch" or something? What gives?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Can show a real good curve at times.

Cool, thanks doug.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    A good breaking pitch that you can control will get you good K rates in the minors. But you need to pair it with some other stuff, usually a good fastball, to sustain that in the majors.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I think Hal had an update on the same question, its just a procedural move for now, Mes will start in AA
    My friend who played for the Reds in the minors was surprised when we brought a copy of his transaction card from the Hall of Fame. He was shown on a number of different clubs while he was in the military, clearly procedural moving his contract around where there was a vacancy. I think we optioned a couple of guys to high A late last year too because of their season's ending, thereby making them available to the big club since the AAA season was in playoffs.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?