Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I am a huge fan of The Office...I just am holding out hope that the Jim and Pam romance will not ruin the show and that the romance will not go horribly wrong for shock value...in fact, I hope it just kind of gets down played and linger in the background...also, I'm not so sure how they can keep up the documentary angle...why would someone document a paper company for 4 years??? It may be time to go more straight sitcom and throw out the talking to the camera...
    Breaking the 4th wall has been used for quite a while in comedies going back to the Burns and Allen show in the 50's. For this show I think it really works.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

talking to the camera makes the show that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    talking to the camera makes the show that much better.
    Watching the moment that Jim finally asks Pam out on a date and her reaction to the camera is just incredibly sweet. You are right it does make the show that much better.

Any scene with Kevin and or Creed are the absolute best. I love Kevins bands Scrantonicty and Scrantonicity II and loved the episode when Phyllis and Bob Vance got married with them playing the reception, a wonderful show.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Breaking the 4th wall has been used for quite a while in comedies going back to the Burns and Allen show in the 50's. For this show I think it really works.
    It's Brechian I tell ya.

BTW if you like Jenna Fischer you'll lover her in Dewey Cox... damn funny film.

My favorite episode is when Michael finds out that Oscar is gay. And when Toby comes into to tell Michael that Oscar is gay.

Toby: Apparently you called Oscar "faggie" for liking the movie Shakespeare in Love more than an action movie.

Michael: It wasn't just an action movie, it was Die Hard!

Toby: All right Michael, but Oscar's really gay.

Michael: Exactly!

Toby: I mean for real.

Michael: Yeah, I know.

Toby: No, I mean he's attracted to other men.

Michael: OK, a little too far, crossed the line.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

So I gave into all the hype, and actually watched this show the other day. And I must say, it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. If someone could please tell me what I'm missing that makes it entertaining, feel free to let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    So I gave into all the hype, and actually watched this show the other day. And I must say, it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen. If someone could please tell me what I'm missing that makes it entertaining, feel free to let me know.
    Not a big fan of laughing?

But I'm guessing you pretty much come on this site to disagree with the majority, which makes your sig hilariously ironic.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

And I must say, it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen.
    What do you like? What shows are funny?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I was just saying to some buddies of mine the other day that it would be hard to believe that anyone has ever watched the Office and not liked it. We all agreed, and began making a list of people in history who wouldn't have liked it. I will not post the list because it was pretty out there but have you know mole 44 you are now a proud member

Which one is Creed? I'm very bad with names.

My favorite is Stanley, who consistently voices the way I feel pretty much all the time. I was a big fan of the British office and held out on this one for a long time, but it is incredibly good. it's now gone about twice as long as the British version, I think, so the characters have become better developed as well.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I was a big fan of the British office and held out on this one for a long time, but it is incredibly good. it's now gone about twice as long as the British version, I think,
    AFAIK, the British version was a 1-season production that was followed up with 2 "holiday special" episodes. At least this is all that is available to borrow from Netflix.

IMO, the British version has its charms and a few completely hilarious moments, but it's more of an acquired taste than the US version. Whenever I watch it, it takes my ears a while to get acclimated to the British idioms in the dialogue.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Which one is Creed? I'm very bad with names.

My favorite is Stanley, who consistently voices the way I feel pretty much all the time. I was a big fan of the British office and held out on this one for a long time, but it is incredibly good. it's now gone about twice as long as the British version, I think, so the characters have become better developed as well.
    Creed is the crazy older guy with short white hair. He has a blog.

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    AFAIK, the British version was a 1-season production that was followed up with 2 "holiday special" episodes. At least this is all that is available to borrow from Netflix.
    I think the British office was two seasons (or "series" as they call them), plus the holiday specials. That's from my memory though, which isn't always reliable.

And yeah, that Creed guy is a riot. I had no idea that was his name.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The best part about the Office?

Angela is actually named Angela.
    Creed Bratton is actually named Creed Bratton.
    Phyllis is actually named Phyllis.
    Oscar is actually named Oscar.

Turn Off Ads?