Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yonder Alonso

37 35.24%
  • Junior Arias

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Zack Cozart

3 2.86%
  • Danny Dorn

1 0.95%
  • Juan Duran

1 0.95%
  • Juan Francisco

2 1.90%
  • Todd Frazier

0 0%
  • Yasmani Grandal

1 0.95%
  • Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • Billy Hamilton

18 17.14%
  • Donnie Joseph

0 0%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

40 38.10%
  • David Sappelt

1 0.95%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.95%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Resident PED Expert

Re: Who is Redszone's #3 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    But from what I've seen, and following his record, he seems like a singles and doubles hitter without speed.

He is Sean Casey then.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    He is Sean Casey then.

Sean Casey in the minors had an overall career BA of .348 with an OPS of .955.

Yonder Alonso so far in the minors has an overall career BA of .291 with an OPS of .826.

Looks like a tight race so far between Yorman and Yonder. When picking between the YO YO's, I thought about which prospect would hurt most to lose tomorrow if he were to leave the organization. This is why I went with Yorman, because his ceiling is incredibly high and as a prospect I think it would hurt to lose him over Yonder.

What are the stipulations we use for a run-off vote again? It looks to be headed that way
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    What are the stipulations we use for a run-off vote again? It looks to be headed that way
    I believe it's when candidates are 'within a few' votes of each other. If Billy Hamilton had 20 more votes or so, we might see him in the pending runoff vote.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I believe it's when candidates are 'within a few' votes of each other. If Billy Hamilton had 20 more votes or so, we might see him in the pending runoff vote.
    If memory serves me correctly, last year it was within (3) votes when we did a runoff.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I went Yonder. I like Yorman a lot, but I would have him one spot behind Yonder. Yonder's 2nd half in AAA showed me a lot about his bat. His defense nor his speed will ever be strengths for him, but the guy can hit and he's got legitimate power. The injury cannot be understated enough.

Too bad the Reds aren't an AL team, because Yonder would be a great DH. Yonder probably doesn't have a future in Cincinnati, but hopefully he can be a great trading chip for Cincy and land us a part that will really help.

My opinion as one who mostly lurks but loves these threads is use a run-off when there is a tie, but if someone wins the vote, even by a margin of one, that decision is final.

The run-offs just add time to the process and do not determine much (since the loser is not automatically given the next spot, though he usually wins the next vote.)

Just my $.02. Let me know I should expect some change back.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post

Suggestion: Have a runoff if the top guys are separated by three.

Then - the loser of the run-off automatically takes the next place on the list. So if Alonso wins the run-off and gets third place on the list, Yorman automatically gets fourth place.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Then - the loser of the run-off automatically takes the next place on the list. So if Alonso wins the run-off and gets third place on the list, Yorman automatically gets fourth place.
    I second this suggestion. Makes a lot of sense to me.

if Yonder is as good as people are saying then it seems like a move of Joey to LF makes a ton of sense. it would take the LF need off of the 2011 want list & then Walt can focus on other needs ( SS, backup 3B, LH setup man, etc ).

if Joey is flexible then the Reds could even platoon Yonder & Heisey.
    vs RHP Joey in LF & Yonder at 1B.
    vs LHP Joey at 1B & Heisey in LF.

this is actually easier than finding a trade partner that needs a young first baseman & has a shortstop/left fielder to trade back or trying to pull off the old 3 way trade

I'm not a big fan of that idea because it's not guaranteed that the people who voted for Yorman will vote for Alonso. I voted for Yorman at number three and will be choosing between Alonso and Hamilton at No. 4. I'm sure others are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm not a big fan of that idea because it's not guaranteed that the people who voted for Yorman will vote for Alonso. I voted for Yorman at number three and will be choosing between Alonso and Hamilton at No. 4. I'm sure others are in the same boat.
    Almost always, the run-off loser wins the next spot.

The next vote after the run-off tends to be a big yawn. We all know that the run-off loser almost always wins the next spot.

So I think it's a good idea. It will move things along more quickly and avoid dull voting rounds.

Ultimately, it's your call.

Hamilton is only 18 votes behind Alonso/Yorman. Of the 33 votes that went to Alonso/Yorman, I think there's a decent chance a lot of those votes could go to Hamilton at number four. I think the next poll will be fairly close.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Hamilton is only 18 votes behind Alonso/Yorman. Of the 33 votes that went to Alonso/Yorman, I think there's a decent chance a lot of those votes could go to Hamilton at number four. I think the next poll will be fairly close.
    Agreed, I dont like the idea of the runoff loser auto winning the next spot, however likely it may be that he gets it. Plus it gives us more time to debate and vote to make up for the time off!
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Turn Off Ads?