Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Re: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Not a rumor beyond talk that the Mets are looking to move either Ike Davis or Lucas Duda, but what about Duda as a platoon partner for Ludwick? Pretty good OBP, especially against RH pitching and has some pop. Under team control for 3 more years and might come at a reasonable price. Improves the bats available off the bench as well. Heisey can either stick around since he can play all 3 OF spots or find a cheaper alternative (which would be my preference).
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (12-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bailey for Gardner shouldn't even be a consideration. You could get younger more controllable guys. For BP I guess I could live with it.

5. Likes:

marcshoe (12-08-2013),RedlegJake (12-08-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (12-08-2013)

http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lances...ticle=11889329

*Walt reached out 2 Homer's agent last week. Wants to sit down/work something out. Rep'd by tough group. Will do everyting can.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lances...#ixzz2mtxlHSLv

7. Likes:

marcshoe (12-08-2013)

In the Jocketty interview on Friday with Lance he said the one thing he was still looking for was a RH bat most likely via trade. Found that interesting because they also seemed set with Hamilton in CF coming out of Redsfest. So where would this RH bat play? Who would even be a RH bat they might be eyeing?

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    In the Jocketty interview on Friday with Lance he said the one thing he was still looking for was a RH bat most likely via trade. Found that interesting because they also seemed set with Hamilton in CF coming out of Redsfest. So where would this RH bat play? Who would even be a RH bat they might be eyeing?
    Maybe they question Ludwicks return to form?
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I imagine if they could find a RH bat for CF that would allow them to start Hamilton in AAA, they would get him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If Jocketty had drafted Wacha instead of Travieso, this winter's offseason would be completely different.

The Reds could extend Bailey and trade Leake for a leadoff or a RH # 4.
    The Reds could trade Bailey for a package of prospects and still have a rotation of Cingrani and Wacha.

My dream scenario is we extend Bailey, bring back Choo and extend Latos.

A rotation of:

Latos
    Cueto
    Bailey
    Cingrani
    Wacha

is just filthy.

Then we could fetch something back for Leake, throw in Heisey and Soto.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I imagine if they could find a RH bat for CF that would allow them to start Hamilton in AAA, they would get him.
    True I guess they could certainly do that. RH bats that can play CF who I guess might be on his radar could be guys like Cespedes, Ruggiano, Pollock. I am assuming they would never be in hunt for a guy like Kemp due to combination of injuries and salary.

Ruggiano would have to be a platoon guy though and I do not think they want Skip out there everyday against Righties. Ruggiano does kill lefties. Managed to have a .504 slugging with only a 260 BABIP against them last season. Cespedes would be a 2 year rental as I am sure he will go to Free Agency so not sure Reds want to pay the price A's might ask. Don't know if Pollock is enough of an upgrade over Hamilton to justify move. I've said it before if Walt figures out how to improve the team this month my hat is off to him, so I am in camp it might be best to go with what we got. I just found it was interesting he specifically mentioned RH bat he wanted.

I heard it, and I got the impression that he has something in the works, but that if it doesn't work out, they are going to look for free agent complimentary pieces, that were "further down the list" (Walt's words) aka Michael Morse and Jason Kubel types.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I heard some speculation last night on XM (not on the MLBnetwork) while driving, the discussion of course, was how to get actual players onto the Yankees and give peanuts to other teams in return. They were trying to work through how to get Bailey and Phillips onto the Yankees. They spent several minutes debating if Gardner was too much for Bailey alone. The hosts threw out this one that did catch my attention. Bailey and Phillips for Gardner, Gary Sanchez, Michael Pineda, and Nik Turley. That one hinges on where Pineda is. If Pineda is anywhere close to what he was in Seattle, you have to make that deal. Trouble is I doubt he will ever be.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I heard some speculation last night on XM (not on the MLBnetwork) while driving, the discussion of course, was how to get actual players onto the Yankees and give peanuts to other teams in return. They were trying to work through how to get Bailey and Phillips onto the Yankees. They spent several minutes debating if Gardner was too much for Bailey alone. The hosts threw out this one that did catch my attention. Bailey and Phillips for Gardner, Gary Sanchez, Michael Pineda, and Nik Turley. That one hinges on where Pineda is. If Pineda is anywhere close to what he was in Seattle, you have to make that deal. Trouble is I doubt he will ever be.
    How about that trade, then package Sanchez and Chapman plus prospects to the Rays for Price and McGee?

Sign Mark Ellis

Rotation:

Price
    Cueto
    Latos
    Cingrani
    Leake
    Pineda in AAA

Pen:

McGee
    Marshall
    Broxton
    Hoover
    LeCure
    Parra

Lineup:

Gardner
    Ellis
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Mes
    Frazier
    Cozart
    Last edited by 757690; 12-08-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Matt Kemp.

Phillips and Broxton for Kemp with the Dodgers paying the entire salary difference ($61M by my count).

Hey, a guy can dream.
    Last edited by Benihana; 12-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

17. Likes:

CoachBombay (12-09-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Matt Kemp.

Phillips and Broxton for Kemp with the Dodgers paying the entire salary difference ($61M by my count).

Hey, a guy can dream.
    Why don't we have them throw in Puig while we're at it?
    Award Winning Baseball Player

19. Likes:

CoachBombay (12-09-2013)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    In the Jocketty interview on Friday with Lance he said the one thing he was still looking for was a RH bat most likely via trade.
    Choo, who brought a semblance of balance to the lineup as a LHH, is gone, so why wouldn't Jocketty go back to the good old days of Votto and Bruce as the only LHH in the lineup?

Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

One thing is certain with Walt if he says something like this it usually has a purpose. My guess is this is part of a relatively feeble ploy to gain some leverage in re-signing Choo. I suspect something to happen for the Reds before Christmas almost assuredly and quite possibly much sooner than that. But my guess is it will not be Choo, Boras will still likely get more for Choo than what the Reds can/should offer. But I find it curious that Walt at this stage seems to think he has any chance to re-sign him at all. Am I misreading the Tea leaves?

My prediction: Franklin Gutierrez to a 1 yr. deal (it's just a great fit for both player and team for more than 1 reason)
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?