Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's it going to take to win the Central?

Re: What's it going to take to win the Central?

Bailey, Alonso, Stubbs, Frazier, Moloney Give them 4 of our top 5 prospects "NO WAY"

Sure I'd love to get Peavy for our rotation but two problems arise; First, his contract is heavily waited toward the back-end, which leaves very little leeway in negotiating long-term contracts for our core young players. Secondly, Peavy would not waive his no-trade clause to be shipped to Cincinnati. He's a great pitcher but I think the chasm they call Petco deflates his statistics. If we were the Cubs or Cardinals he'd probably think long and hard, but we are not, so obtaining him is highly unlikely and for that package I wouldn't want him.

What would Hairston bring that the the table that we don't already have on this team or available at AAA, nothing, so I'd pass on him as well.
    Last edited by CincyRed44; 05-21-2009 at 05:47 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why would we want Jake Peavy? When healthy, we have arguably the best starting 5 in the NL. If we're going to trade Alonso, Frazier, and Stubbs in the same package, we better we trading for David Wright.

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Peavy + Harriston for Bailey, Alonso, Stubbs, Frazier, Moloney
    Throw in Neftali Soto, Heisey, and the rest of our quality minor league players...........let's totally destroy our farm system............(sarcasm)

Seriously. That's why we're not trading for Peavy or Holliday. They will want the bank..........and we're not giving it to them (I hope).

Besides, we need an experienced RH bat that comes at a decent price.

[QUOTE=Last time I checked, Bruce has 10 HR's and Dunn has 11 HR's. Why do people miss Dunn?
    [/QUOTE]

Bruce replaced Griff...we miss Dunn because we don't have a LF or a true #4 hitter...you surely were kidding? Maybe we don't miss Dunn because of how great Nix, Dickerson and McDonald have been... Comical.

As far as how many wins it will take to win the central...it probably depends on whether the Cubs stay injured or continue to underachieve as they clearly have the best team (whether you like them or not, and I don't). I will say that the division will become a grind and if the chubs don't run away with it late and somebody else wins: 90-92 wins. I think any of the top 4 teams could potentially win the division. I still give the chubs even odds to win (50%) the division and the other 3 teams an equal chance (out of the 50%) as they all have some major deficiency.

Bum

Dude Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Bruce replaced Griff...we miss Dunn because we don't have a LF or a true #4 hitter...you surely were kidding? Maybe we don't miss Dunn because of how great Nix, Dickerson and McDonald have been... Comical.

As far as how many wins it will take to win the central...it probably depends on whether the Cubs stay injured or continue to underachieve as they clearly have the best team (whether you like them or not, and I don't). I will say that the division will become a grind and if the chubs don't run away with it late and somebody else wins: 90-92 wins. I think any of the top 4 teams could potentially win the division. I still give the chubs even odds to win (50%) the division and the other 3 teams an equal chance (out of the 50%) as they all have some major deficiency.

Bum
    I don't miss Dunn and his crummy fielding and lacksadaisical attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Bruce replaced Griff...
    I think Darnell McDonald replaced Griff.

DTCromer and Dude Rock: both funny posts in different ways!

Turn Off Ads?