Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Acquiring J.Reyes, J.Johnson and M.Buerhle

Blue Jays Acquiring J.Reyes, J.Johnson and M.Buerhle

Escobar, Hechevarria, and possibly even Jose Reyes (although doubtful) in the deal. More to come...
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Whaaaat? Is that really all it took?

Re: Blue Jays Acquiring J.Johnson and M.Buerhle

Holy crap that deal is unbelievable. Whoa.

Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, and John Buck and Bonaficio

Are they really dumping Reyes this soon? What a joke of a franchise. Contract them.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Okay, that's got to be a mistake. I'm not buying that. Even the Marlins aren't THAT stupid. I like Escobar...but he's not that good. Not even close! I have no clue who that Hachevarria is though. That's just insane. No chance it's real.......right?

The Reds could learn a lot from the fish

It's just like 1997, without the World Series (or playoffs... or winning record). I'm guessing the Blue Jays are taking on a lot of salary...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I really think Selig needs to step in and kill this one.

Or tell Loria he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, and John Buck and Bonaficio

Are they really dumping Reyes this soon? What a joke of a franchise. Contract them.
    I think you are onto something...get rid of the fish entirely...what an absolute sham.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

On that note, time to pick Stanton off of them for Chris Heisey or something equally ridiculous.

On that note, time to pick Stanton off of them for Chris Heisey or something equally ridiculous.
    or for ANYONE in our farm system...

In all seriousness, if there was a time there was an iota of possibility of prying Stanton away from them, this might be it.

I'd think it would have to be something like Hamilton, Cingrani, and Stephenson though. Who would be willing to do that?
    Go BLUE!!!

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, the Blue Jays are close to acquiring Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle from the Marlins in exchange for Yunel Escobar, Adeiny Hechavarria, Henderson Alvarez and Justin Nicolino.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/m...n-from-marlins

Reyes may be included, but that hasn't been confirmed as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    In all seriousness, if there was a time there was an iota of possibility of prying Stanton away from them, this might be it.

I'd think it would have to be something like Hamilton, Cingrani, and Stephenson though. Who would be willing to do that?
    Not me. I would do Corcino and Cingrani both though. No Hamilton, no Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Me without thinking twice. Stanton is the player the Reds need NOW. There's a 0% chance that all 3 of our prospects turn out to be as awesome as we all hope them to be. Do that deal now and dont think twice.

-Matt

Turn Off Ads?