Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

Thanks to Local 12 for the information:

Troubled Bengals player Chris Henry is in trouble again.

The wide receiver is charged with assault and criminal damaging out of Hamilton County.

According to the police report, Henry was involved in a fight on Ohio Avenue in Clifton Heights Monday.

An 18-year-old man claims Henry threw a bottle shattering his car window and punched him in the face.

Chris Henry has reportedly told police this is a case of mistaken identity.

After convictions including a gun charge, the NFL suspended Henry and placed him on a zero tolerance policy.

We have not yet heard from the Bengals or the league.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Chris Henry charged with assault..

It was only a matter of time. This man is a nut case. Pretty soon I'll dislike all of the Bengal WR's.

That's honestly all I can do at this point.

I'll wait and see what happens with this. I believe there were a few cases last year where he was wrongly charged or the charges were dropped or something. He says its mistaken identity, we'll see what the courts say. If it's true, he is an absolute moron and his six strikes are up...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

If its true, then look for the Bengals to draft a WR early in the draft.

In other news, the sun came up in the east today and income taxes are due in a couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Re: Chris Henry charged with assault...

If this is true than he deserves a life time ban from the NFL for being stupid.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

This whole story seems a little shady to me. They just said on the news that the guy who accused Chris of this all ready has a lawyer and no one who heard the fight saw either of the guys who were fighting. I'll wait a bit and see how this turns out but something just doesn't seem right here.

Yeah, call me naive to not believe it yet. I've all ready called myself that tonight, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

lol wow

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Sometimes I wonder if just blowing this team up and starting over is not the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if just blowing this team up and starting over is not the best way to go.
    Then it must start with Marvin....you don't see this stuff with New England or Indy. Why?...because it's not tolerated, and they respect their coach. For some reason, Marvin does not get any respect. When you keep letting thugs back of the team, you send the message that you can do almost anything and not get cut. What Johnson is doing now is another example of this.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Chris Henry is the dumbest person in the entire world. How many chances does this moron need to get before he learns? It's to the point where I don't think it's possible for him to learn. He is far too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Then it must start with Marvin....you don't see this stuff with New England or Indy. Why?...because it's not tolerated, and they respect their coach. For some reason, Marvin does not get any respect. When you keep letting thugs back of the team, you send the message that you can do almost anything and not get cut. What Johnson is doing now is another example of this.

Agreed somewhat - but I would start much higher.
    Brown is the main problem, but unfortunately, there is no one out there who can fire him. A long as Mike Brown is with the team, we will always see one for of mediocrity or another.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    This whole story seems a little shady to me. They just said on the news that the guy who accused Chris of this all ready has a lawyer and no one who heard the fight saw either of the guys who were fighting. I'll wait a bit and see how this turns out but something just doesn't seem right here.

Yeah, call me naive to not believe it yet. I've all ready called myself that tonight, LOL
    I am with you. Sounds very shady to me. I can accuse anyone of doing what Henry is accused of... does that mean it is true? I want more evidence/witnesses.... not the claim of an 18-year-old.

Innocent until proven guilty.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. And if it is, he's done. I hope it's not though.

Well, I guess we'll be seeing a WR taken in the 2nd or 3rd round, and another one or two taken late in the draft.

It's very realistic that the Bengals will be without Chad and Henry.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?