Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ichiro a possibility?

Ichiro a possibility?

just wondering what you would think about them signing ichiro in the offseason if he tests the free agent market? a lot of it depends on if they trade griffey and dunn, or either one, but it would be nice to add a guy that always hits over 300 and has speed at the top of this order, him and phillips at 1 and 2 could be very nice to get to the big boys in the order, but again, i'm not really sold on this idea either, it just depends on what goes down this year.

whata you guys think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Ichiro a possibility?

I'd like him but I'd rather have Hamilton, Dunn, and Griffey.

I think it's a bad idea. Why trade away high-priced veterans to free up salary, only give it to another high-priced free agent? I think it would defeat the purpose of what this organization needs to do. The Reds will never be able to compete by playing the free agent market, they need to develop and promote from within and stay away from the high dollar veterans.

I'd go for it, sign him to a LTC and have we got our closer of the future...

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...ome-a-pitcher/

I dont think he would come here anyway, he has already voiced his displeasure over the losing with the Mariners. I'd love to have him but it would take big-time dollars.

Talkin' Baseball

I'm betting he ends up in Boston or one of the NY teams. A California team would be the next round of possibilities. If he ends up anywhere like Cincinnati, I'll be totally shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB5 View Post
    I'm betting he ends up in Boston or one of the NY teams. A California team would be the next round of possibilities. If he ends up anywhere like Cincinnati, I'll be totally shocked.
    I was talking to a Sox fan last night who claimed Ichiro was coming to Boston. Of course, every Boston and Yankee fan thinks every player on earth can't wait to don their uniform.
    Ichiro is a god in Seattle. I mean everyone loves Ichiro there. I would be shocked if he left and I would be shocked if the Mariners didn't do everything in their power to sign him.

I have read that he is wanting to stay on the West Coast, closer to Japan. If I had two choices, I'm guessing the Dodgers or the Angels.
    And this one belongs to the Reds

I like him but he'll be too high priced for us.

if we cant afford Dunn, we cant afford Ichiro

Yeah, I really don't believe the Reds will be going with any big names any time soon

No way in the world Ichiro would come to Cincinnati. He's on record about hating playing in Cleveland.

He'll go somewhere with a sizeable Asian population. Either stay on the west coast or New York/Boston.

hello Yankees!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    if we cant afford Dunn, we cant afford Ichiro
    i think the question there is more if dunn is worth that kind of money, rather than not having it. i know i would prefer to have ichiro over adam dunn. this team is going to have to spend some money at some point.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    i think the question there is more if dunn is worth that kind of money, rather than not having it. i know i would prefer to have ichiro over adam dunn. this team is going to have to spend some money at some point.
    Yes, he is. The question is whether the Reds can afford to have such a luxury.

Turn Off Ads?