Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your 2011 NFL MVP

Your 2011 NFL MVP

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your 2011 NFL MVP

I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don't get it.
    I think what he's getting at is that the Colts are a very poor team without Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It's called most valuable. On the field or not Manning is the most valuable player to his team. Haha.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The Patriots would've probably went 11-5 or 12-4 in their 16-0 season without Brady.

The Colts are no better than a 2-3 win team during their best das of 2004-2007. +

I think this season proves who should really get MVP every year. It's like the years Jordan didn't win MVP in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The Patriots would've probably went 11-5 or 12-4 in their 16-0 season without Brady.

The Colts are no better than a 2-3 win team during their best das of 2004-2007. +

I think this season proves who should really get MVP every year. It's like the years Jordan didn't win MVP in the NBA.
    I believe they were 11-5 the following year without Brady (and somehow missed the playoffs with that record...reminds me of the 1999 Reds).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I believe they were 11-5 the following year without Brady (and somehow missed the playoffs with that record...reminds me of the 1999 Reds).
    The AFC east played the wests that year, the Chargers were good and beat the Pats, and Arizona went to the SB that year, but it snowed when they came to Foxboro and they had already clinched, so they didn't really even show up for that game. The rest of both of those divisions were terrible, so all the AFCE teams had easy schedules that season. The Dolphins also won 11 games with Chad Pennington and their surprising(at the time) wildcat offense. It came down to the last game, the Pats needed the Jets to beat the Dolphins, and, even less surprising than Miami's wildcat is to anyone now, Favre threw 3 picks and the Dolphins won the division on a tie-breaker.

Also, Matt Cassell is still someone's starting QB, maybe Curtis Painter will surprise people with a little unexpected competence and land the Colts a draft pick after the season. Cassell had always looked totally useless in pre-seasons and garbage time before then.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I would say Brady or Rodgers.

Maybe they could come up with a new award. Like MVP By Omission or Would Have Been MVP If He Played or Biggest Differential in Win Total When Hurt.

i.e. if you take this player away from this team, the team will collapse.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Wes Welker. Okay, I don't really think so, but 45 receptions for 740 yards through 5 games is kind of silly.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?