Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/22/10 Reds @ Indians--The Greatest Rivalry in Sports Part Deuce

Re: 5/22/10 Reds @ Indians--The Greatest Rivalry in Sports Part Deuce

10-3 Halos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I'm all for riding the hot bat. I just don't understand keeping a guy on the roster and refusing to use him at all. We're playing basically 2 men short compared to the opposition. Janish & Cairo. Despite all the wrath he got, I was glad to see Cairo get that recent start. Not because I like him, but if he's on the roster he SHOULD get a start every once in a while. Of course I'd rather he NOT be on the roster.
    Why would you play bad players over good players? It doesn't make any sense.

Play the best players.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Who should he play over? Janish deserves to take no time away from Rolen, Cabrera, or Phillips. Should he play over Cairo, yes, but that would have given him only another couple starts.

Paul Janish is never going to be an everyday player. Might as well get him used to his role now.
    I'm not saying he should start over anyone. But the occasional start, the occasional ph chance, the regular defensive replacement shot. It's the refusal to put him in for 7th, 8th & 9th inning defensive purposes that just boggles my mind.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Yay Halos!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    O.Cab has had a really hot bat lately
    last 7 days .321/.345/.429/.773
    last 14 days .286/.314/.367/.681

When a .773 OPS is a "really hot bat" you know you're talking about a weak bat.

Stubbs CF
    Enough already. I know he's hitting 9th but give someone else a shot at the gig.

Why would you play bad players over good players? It doesn't make any sense.

Play the best players.
    I think you're misunderstanding me. I WANT the best players to play. But if Dusty's not going to use Janish...then he's leaving our bench short a player. If you're not going to use him, send him down and bring up someone who WILL get some use...as a pinch hitter or another reliever or something.

And you can't tell me that Rolen & OCab don't both need the occasional day off at their ages. 1 start a week for OCab at short. 1 start a week for Rolen at third for Cairo or whoever. The collapse game vs Atlanta is the one that stunned me. With that big lead we had early on...why not get Ocab some needed rest? Why not bring in the better glove to protect that big lead? Just sayin'.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I WANT the best players to play. But if Dusty's not going to use Janish...then he's leaving our bench short a player. If you're not going to use him, send him down and bring up someone who WILL get some use...as a pinch hitter or another reliever or something.

And you can't tell me that Rolen & OCab don't both need the occasional day off at their ages. 1 start a week for OCab at short. 1 start a week for Rolen at third for Cairo or whoever. The collapse game vs Atlanta is the one that stunned me. With that big lead we had early on...why not get Ocab some needed rest? Why not bring in the better glove to protect that big lead? Just sayin'.
    Who like Cairo who booted a double play ball in the 9th, who was playing that day for Rolen?

It works both ways.

Who like Cairo who booted a double play ball in the 9th, who was playing that day for Rolen?

It works both ways.
    Not sure I follow you here. Are you saying Janish booted a DP ball when playing for Rolen?

Not sure I follow you here. Are you saying Janish booted a DP ball when playing for Rolen?
    No.

Cairo booted a DP ball in the 9th, while playing for Rolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    last 7 days .321/.345/.429/.773
    last 14 days .286/.314/.367/.681

When a .773 OPS is a "really hot bat" you know you're talking about a weak bat.
    Considering that he's a SS and the alternative is a guy with a lifetime .601 OPS it is what it is.
    School's out. What did you expect?

No.

Cairo booted a DP ball in the 9th, while playing for Rolen.
    Yes, I know. Errors happen. But during that game thread, many were complaining why we didn't bring in Janish or Rolen as a defensive sub for Cairo. Well, my thinking on the matter is simple. Cairo got the start because Dusty wanted to give Cairo some playing time. He also wanted to give Rolen the day off. You don't yank Cairo for Rolen in that situation. Cairo was going to stay in there simply because it was his rare turn for a start. Ocab though...we'd already knocked in a bunch of runs early and he hasn't gotten a day off in quite some time (3 days off all season thus far). I thought it made sense to bring in Janish for Cabrera back in the 4th inning or so.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 05-22-2010 at 05:16 PM.

10-5 with runners on the corners and one out for the Cardinals.

Oh my god.

10-7, runner on 3rd, still one out.

Pujols on deck.

After falling behind Mather 3-0, Rodney gets him.

And luckily LaRussa took out Pujols, so Jon Jay is hitting.

LaRussa had some issues in this game.

Turn Off Ads?