Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I told you guys Owings wasn't worthy of our 5th spot

Re: I told you guys Owings wasn't worthy of our 5th spot

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    God this decision is plain as day.
    Exactly. So far it's Owings by a landslide. If Homer can put a leash on his stuff, maybe it will someday be him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Homer @ 7 walks and 5IP > Owings' ceiling?

I would agree that Homer's ceiling is probably higher than Owings' ceiling, but saying that you prefer the first of those lines is just an asinine statement. Owings has a track record of being successful and Bailey has a track record of being inconsistent and walking the town EVERY TIME. Owings allows us to win as well- this doesn't have to be an either-or situation.

Regardless of how you feel, we are going to get to see a lot of these two guys- probably at least 4 or 5 starts by Homer in the coming weeks. That will tell you if Homer is better than Owings, and if Homer belongs in the MLB or if he should try and found the AAAA league along with Brandon Larson.
    I believe if Homer got 32 starts (a big league season) and Owings got 32 starts and you compared opposing batting average, record, strikeouts, and other stats that matter, Homer would have them all. He should have been the 5th starter since breaking spring training, not Owings. Just one man's opinion.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Last night wasn't Homer's best effort by a long shot. But homer walking the town still has better stuff then Micah Owings.... which allows us to win. God this decision is plain as day.
    You are simply amazing. Homer could sneeze and wipe snot on your shoulder and you would swear that that is proof he should be starting over Owings.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Homer's ceiling is much higher than Owings, yes I agree with that. But ceiling don't mean nothing if you don't ever reach it.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Micah has us in an early hole again. Strange.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Seriously, it's 1-0!

I really don't understand how Owings pitches as well as he does with his stuff and control but he is some how pretty average in spite of it.

Yeah that Owings guys is really horrible today... huh?

Where are you now?

I was really impressed with Homer's stuff last night and I think that he should have the chance to finish out the year in the Reds rotation. He needs the time to learn the major league zone and face big league batters. At this point that is the only way he will get better.

That being said, I think that Owings can give the Reds valuable innings as well. If they finish this game out with a win he the Reds will ALREADY have more wins out of the 5th starters spot than they did all of last year. Owings is a league average pitcher, and there is nothing wrong with having one or two of those in your rotation.

I think when push comes to shove Homer and Owings will both be in the rotation, as I see one of either Harang or Arroyo getting moved this summer.

Yay, Owings is finally out of the game after 6+ innings of 1 run ball. Let's see if we can't turn this game around now. Horrible that we run this out every 5th or so day.
    Is it "next season" yet?

How's that crow taste son?

I'm clearly happy that Owings sparkled today. I'm a Reds fan. But Owings is good start, bad start. I don't think he'll ever have extended success in our ballpark especially. Obviously it's nice that he pitched us to a win today but he's still 5-8. So here I am. Micah Owings threw really well today and I'm happy. The Indians are not a good team and good teams will make you pay for 4 BB and throwing balls down the middle of the plate. They got themselves out a lot today.

I'm clearly happy that Owings sparkled today. I'm a Reds fan. But Owings is good start, bad start. I don't think he'll ever have extended success in our ballpark especially. Obviously it's nice that he pitched us to a win today but he's still 5-8. So here I am. Micah Owings threw really well today and I'm happy. The Indians are not a good team and good teams will make you pay for 4 BB and throwing balls down the middle of the plate. They got themselves out a lot today.
    That's it. Cover all the bases.

all 5th starters are good start, bad start pitchers

Owings is a better 5th starter than league average

So baileys 7 walks and 5ip is ok but michas 6ip and 4 walks against the same team is crap? Geesh

Turn Off Ads?