Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-24-07 Reds v Cardinals

Re: 4-24-07 Reds v Cardinals

what a drag...cards announcers tonight for me, if they ever play...i really dislike al and joe

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well I meant has the start time been pushed back?

Yes....for now.

A time hasn't even been discussed yet. It has to stop raining first...or at least resemble a stoppage of rain.

Wow - three pages in and FCB's in full Cardinal drool.

I predict (if weather doesn't stop the game) how Walt Jocketty is the most bestest GM in baseball, because, you know that good GM's grow on trees.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

doesn't look like they will start anytime soon

for your meterological pleasure -

I'm guessing a rainout

I don't understand how some contend Dunn's back is the reason for his recent offensive woes when it doesn't seem evident in the field. He has made some solid defensive plays, even a diving catch, in the last week.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: 4-23-07 Reds v Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Looks pretty good. Ross is brutal with the bat right now but he calls such great games that i want him in there most of the time. I think he will come around a bit so it wont hurt so much to have him in there.
    He could call the best game in the bigs and it's not worth having him in there. I'm all for letting guys work their way out of slumps, but this is starting to get ridiculous.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I'm guessing a rainout
    ...for 40 days and 40 nights.

Use the wood bats to build an ark.....

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I don't understand how some contend Dunn's back is the reason for his recent offensive woes when it doesn't seem evident in the field. He has made some solid defensive plays, even a diving catch, in the last week.
    I completely agree. It's not his back. It's his innate ability to strikeout more than any other human on earth.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Re: 4-23-07 Reds v Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by UGADaddy View Post
    He could call the best game in the bigs and it's not worth having him in there. I'm all for letting guys work their way out of slumps, but this is starting to get ridiculous.
    But on this team you have to make a choice. Do you want no-hit Ross and a good game call, or do you want light hit Valentin and pitchers unsettled and waving off signs? I'd much rather have Ross.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Well, we're off to a nice start.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Maybe laying out doesn't bother it, but the torquing action of swinging the bat is bothersome. I honestly don't know. I think everyone is just in a funk.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

If we have a better record than the Cardinals at the end of the year, is it a good year?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by UGADaddy View Post
    I completely agree. It's not his back. It's his innate ability to strikeout more than any other human on earth.
    I don't know - I've had some girls slap me pretty hard.....

Turn Off Ads?