Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like we've been waiting 5 years for the new season of Game of Thrones? I wish this would start already.

In the meantime, I've been spending my tv watching time on Hannibal, Supernatural, and Arrow.
    GoT is consistent when it starts, I believe it starts the first sunday in April every year. It is 42 weeks in between the finale and premier, so it does seem like a long time.

Quality television with such difficult settings takes time to produce. I am happy with how they do it.

The biggest bummer about GoT is the fact Martin has still not completed book 6 and it doesn't seem like it will be released any time soon. Many believe HBO is going to catch up to him before finishes the source material. I think things are going to get nasty between Corporate HBO and Artist George RR Martin.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    GoT is consistent when it starts, I believe it starts the first sunday in April every year. It is 42 weeks in between the finale and premier, so it does seem like a long time.

Quality television with such difficult settings takes time to produce. I am happy with how they do it.

The biggest bummer about GoT is the fact Martin has still not completed book 6 and it doesn't seem like it will be released any time soon. Many believe HBO is going to catch up to him before finishes the source material. I think things are going to get nasty between Corporate HBO and Artist George RR Martin.
    I don't think it will, I would be shocked if HBO doesn't have the legal right to move past the books. And honestly, I'd be fine with that. This is a very rare case where the tv show is probably the superior product (and I like the books, but there it is.)
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I don't think it will, I would be shocked if HBO doesn't have the legal right to move past the books. And honestly, I'd be fine with that. This is a very rare case where the tv show is probably the superior product (and I like the books, but there it is.)
    From what I have read, Martin gave a basic outline on how he wants the story to end to the producers of the show. I don't think HBO will be left in the dark.

I thought they were gonna do a GoT spin off called "Better Call Khal" ?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

And honestly, I'd be fine with that. This is a very rare case where the tv show is probably the superior product (and I like the books, but there it is.)
    I strongly disagree with this.

I strongly disagree with this.
    The tv show benefits from a tighter story (or maybe you care about Dornish princes and Cersei and the endless crap we have to wade through in the newest books more than I do.) Martin is a great writer, but he's lost his way. I don't think he is capable of finishing anymore. Hope I'm wrong.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The tv show benefits from a tighter story (or maybe you care about Dornish princes and Cersei and the endless crap we have to wade through in the newest books more than I do.) Martin is a great writer, but he's lost his way. I don't think he is capable of finishing anymore. Hope I'm wrong.
    I actually do like all the side stories and really enjoy how Martin fleshes out minor characters.

I also feel like my favorite story line, Arya, has not been pursued enough. I think the tv show spent too much time on Robb, when he really is not a major character in the books.

I actually do like all the side stories and really enjoy how Martin fleshes out minor characters.

I also feel like my favorite story line, Arya, has not been pursued enough. I think the tv show spent too much time on Robb, when he really is not a major character in the books.
    I have a feeling Arya is going to have some major face time in the remaining seasons.

I have a feeling Arya is going to have some major face time in the remaining seasons.
    I think you are right, if they do not it will be a real shame because her storyline in books 4 and 5 is excellent.

I think the ending of How I Met Your Mother was weak. I do not know how you conclude your show with a episode like that in the golden era of TV.

The Americans this season has been strong. I like it better then SOA now.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Merry MadMenGameofThronesVeep Premiere Day

Also the last episode of Community was awesome. Yo Jobra!

is Cobra Commander holding a flintlock pistol?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    I think the ending of How I Met Your Mother was weak. I do not know how you conclude your show with a episode like that in the golden era of TV.

The Americans this season has been strong. I like it better then SOA now.
    Yeah I hated that ending. He is no way needed to end up with Robin. I guess I can see that ending if they had only gone for 3 or 4 seasons, but after 9 seasons and all the history and investment into the characters it just seemed weak.

On the other hand, I loved the finale of The Walking Dead. This season started off very very weak for me, but the last 3 episodes I thought were as strong as any the show has put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Merry MadMenGameofThronesVeep Premiere Day

]
    That first episode of Mad Men was crazy. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet but oh that Donnie Drapes really stuck his pickle in it this time.

Based on the books, Oh yeah. That's going to be one little girl you do NOT fark around with in time. lol!

Turn Off Ads?