Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you Mr. Choo!!!!!!!

Re: Thank you Mr. Choo!!!!!!!

At least there is a draft pick at the end of the rainbow, at a minimum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    At least there is a draft pick at the end of the rainbow, at a minimum.
    Now if the Reds could draft hitters that hit in the clutch.. that would be a huge plus.. so far not enough of them

4. Likes:

Falcon7 (10-02-2013)

i am glad the Reds got Choo, I just wish they did it the trade deadline of 2012.. Maybe they dont get beat and got further in the playoffs.. But he will be a huge hole to replace.. they wasted money on Ludwick and cant keep from playing him in 2014.. I just hope the Window for that Championship we fans have craved isnt closing and they missed their chance last year..the inconsistent offense wont change until they change the hitting coach or something.. not making anybody accountable wont fix it.. like changing the chairs on a sinking boat.. I hope and pray this isnt going to go backwards again!!.. That will suck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer Red View Post
    OK
    It's "bulgohago" not "bulguhago." How can we read your posts if you can't spell correctly?

yeogie-ogo uliga jinan susib nyeon isanglideu opeu jali eseo nulag doen geos-eul uliege boyeo jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. OF ui wichileul jeonhwan hago joyonghi effieciently ileohge jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. ulileul dowa jusyeoseo gamsahabnida manh-eun seonsu ga hadnt neun jinan 3-4nyeon eseo il-eonan ilnyeon naenae busang e chulag edo bulguhago dasi peullei opeu leul habnida. dangsin-i ulilejeu paen eul wihae hyeonjang eseo suhaeng han modeun jusyeoseo gamsahabnida. ulineun 2014 nyeon dangsin-eul gamsahago pilsajeoglejeu yunipom-eul dangsin-eul dasi gajgo sip-eo ! ! !

Choo has been publishing his "weekly diary" to a Korean sports news agency and from what he has written, it's quite obvious that this past season with the Reds has been a very meaningful season in terms of his personal life.

This is his last entry, immediately after the loss. He specifies that he wanted to write a letter to the people that influenced him the most this season. Translated by me to best convey the personal tone of his entry.

---------------------------------------------

First, for Dusty Baker.

Dusty, you know what it is that I want to tell you. You came up to me at the clubhouse the day after our loss. Seeing how down I felt because of our loss, you said to me: "This is life." I will never forget that moment.

Throughout this season, you saw that I was living away from my family, and you constantly looked out for my needs -- food to eat and warm words of life wisdoms, especially during my struggles. Even during the team lows, instead of criticizing me, you restored my confidence by showing me your faith and support. Your support was moving on a personal level. Without doubt, you were best leader that I've played for.

Next, Jay Bruce!

You were absolutely the best teammate. You always tried to see things from my perspective first, and during my deepest struggles on the field, you constantly encouraged me by instilling self-confidence. We learned a lot from each other. I probably learned a lot more from you than vise versa. Jay! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Cincinnati's secret weapon, Billy Hamilton!

You absolutely wowed us with your speed from the get go. Billy, there is something I want to tell you. I want you to play the game as if the home stadium is your home. Don't worry about what others think -- you have natural talent. I want to see that talent come to fruition. I wish you luck.

Last but not least, the fans of Cincinnati!

From this past season, I experienced moments that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world. Recently while I was on the field, I heard a fan say "Choo, we love you. We want you to stay for next season." While I honestly can't say at this moment where I'll be next year, I want to let you know that the fans of Cincinnati are special and I will remember this season with fond memories.

Borrowed from:
    http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/..._id=0000000416

8. Likes:

goreds2 (10-08-2013),jhiller21 (10-17-2013),kaldaniels (10-07-2013),Revering4Blue (10-08-2013),texasdave (10-17-2013),westofyou (10-17-2013)

i wonder if the Reds trade Brandon, that frees up money to keep Choo.. Just a hunch as I bet Bob loved Choo on this team this past season and wants to find a way to keep him

Great find TMI! Welcome to RZ!

11. Likes:

goreds2 (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Great find TMI! Welcome to RZ!
    I second that and what a classy person Choo is.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Choo really is a stand-up guy, and I wish him luck wherever he ends up. Realistically, there's almost zero chance he gets resigned here, and he knows that.

It was a lot of fun watching him hit (and even play center) in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    Choo really is a stand-up guy, and I wish him luck wherever he ends up. Realistically, there's almost zero chance he gets resigned here, and he knows that.

It was a lot of fun watching him hit (and even play center) in 2013.
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Now if the Reds could draft hitters that hit in the clutch.. that would be a huge plus.. so far not enough of them
    Once Winker and Ervin arrive maybe that perception will start to change (especially Winker).
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?