Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Beatles Album

Re: New Beatles Album

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    It is a shame George Martin is not given more recognition for his work with the Beatles. The man, indeed, was the fifth Beatle - and while he lead them down many paths, he allowed them to lead as well and experiment.
    Without him...well...listen to the original Let It Be, and you get the picture.
    George Martin hated the White album. He thought they should have gleaned it back, with what good songs they had (in his opinion) to a single album.

I enjoy this website for alot of insight on the Beatle's music...

http://www.iamthebeatles.com/
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Phil Spector should have been imprisoned years ago for what he did to Let It Be. But it was the Beatle's fault as well. In disgust with each other, they basically threw the hours and hours of tape at him and basically said "Have at it. See what you can salvage."

What he did to "Long and Winding Road" was terrible.
    Not I dislike the Let it Be version, I like definitely like the Anthology "clean" version better...

The Phil Spector orchestration is non-existant
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Zoinks!

By the way, if you go to www.beatles.com you can listen to 4 of the tracks.

[QUOTE=GAC;1190491]George Martin hated the White album. He thought they should have gleaned it back, with what good songs they had (in his opinion) to a single album.

But the Beatles wanted a double album so that it counted as two instead of one album on their contract.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Not I dislike the Let it Be version, I like definitely like the Anthology "clean" version better...

The Phil Spector orchestration is non-existant
    Let It Be...Naked is a breathtaking turn on the album. That is the way it should have sounded. Just the Beatles being the Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    By the way, if you go to www.beatles.com you can listen to 4 of the tracks.
    AMAZING!!!! I wish there was a place where I could download those
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    Let It Be...Naked is a breathtaking turn on the album. That is the way it should have sounded. Just the Beatles being the Beatles.
    And that is the way McCartney wanted it. He had felt that since they had stopped touring and turned into a studio band their music was losing too much to the technology. It was one of the reasons why they resurrected the John/Paul oldie "One After 909". He even suggested that the Beatles start making surprise live performances at local, small clubs like in the old days, inwhich Lennon responded "You're daft!"

The closest thing we got was the rooftop performance in Let It Be.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-10-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    But the Beatles wanted a double album so that it counted as two instead of one album on their contract.
    I listened to an interview with Jeff Lynne of ELO several years ago and he talked about his first starting out in the business and getting the opportunity of being in the studio when the Beatles where making the White Album. He said it wasn't really a Beatle album because all 4 were never in the studio at the same time. There was always one missing, sometimes two. And when they were all there there was fighting. Ringo and George, at different points, stormed out of the sessions only to have one of the others go to their home, smooth things over, and talk them to coming back. Lynne stated you could see the beginnings of the disharmony in the relationship in 1968.

I listened to an interview with Jeff Lynne of ELO several years ago and he talked about his first starting out in the business and getting the opportunity of being in the studio when the Beatles where making the White Album. He said it wasn't really a Beatle album because all 4 were never in the studio at the same time. There was always one missing, sometimes two. And when they were all there there was fighting. Ringo and George, at different points, stormed out of the sessions only to have one of the others go to their home, smooth things over, and talk them to coming back. Lynne stated you could see the beginnings of the disharmony in the relationship in 1968.
    Exactly and the Beatles themselves knew it. They were growing up and had wives or were soon to be married and it was time to move on, they had the foresight to see it and wanted to fulfill their obligations to Capital.

Exactly and the Beatles themselves knew it. They were growing up and had wives or were soon to be married and it was time to move on, they had the foresight to see it and wanted to fulfill their obligations to Capital.
    There is maybe some truth there because with the exception of Paul, the other three threatened to leave the group at various times after 1966. Only to be coaxed back by the others. But there was also some fear and uncertainty that kept them together because they weren't sure they could succeed separately, but only as everyone saw and accepted them.... only as the Beatles, not solo artists.

Lennon, in the last year, did alot of griping and complaining about the group and kept saying he wanted to leave, yet never would walk. When George walked at one point in '69, Lennon wanted them to ask Clapton to join the band and continue on. So Lennon sent mixed signals.

When McCartney finally came out and made the announcement that he was leaving, to coincide with the release of his solo album, Lennon was really miffed.

And yet, for the year after the breakup, and according to his wife Linda, McCartney went into a huge depression and funk while retreating to his farm in Scotland. He had huge insecurities at succeeding without John at his side. It was Linda who helped him snap out of it.

The "writing was on the wall" in the last couple years of the Beatle's existence, yet none of them really wanted to face it. They were scared because the fans would never accept them as nothing less then the Beatles. And that was prophetic because alot of the fans haven't.

And ever since then, individually, they are always referred to as what?.... ex-Beatles.

And their solo work has always been judged and held up to their work accomplished while as the Beatles.

And IMO, even an ex-Beatle could not live up to and replicate that "mystique".
    Last edited by GAC; 11-10-2006 at 08:59 PM.

There is maybe some truth there because with the exception of Paul, the other three threatened to leave the group at various times after 1966. Only to be coaxed back by the others. But there was also some fear and uncertainty that kept them together because they weren't sure they could succeed separately, but only as everyone saw and accepted them.... only as the Beatles, not solo artists.

Lennon, in the last year, did alot of griping and complaining about the group and kept saying he wanted to leave, yet never would walk. When George walked at one point in '69, Lennon wanted them to ask Clapton to join the band and continue on. So Lennon sent mixed signals.

When McCartney finally came out and made the announcement that he was leaving, to coincide with the release of his solo album, Lennon was really miffed.

And yet, for the year after the breakup, and according to his wife Linda, McCartney went into a huge depression and funk while retreating to his farm in Scotland. He had huge insecurities at succeeding without John at his side. It was Linda who helped him snap out of it.

The "writing was on the wall" in the last couple years of the Beatle's existence, yet none of them really wanted to face it. They were scared because the fans would never accept them as nothing less then the Beatles. And that was prophetic because alot of the fans haven't.

And ever since then, individually, they are always referred to as what?.... ex-Beatles.

And their solo work has always been judged and held up to their work accomplished while as the Beatles.

And IMO, even an ex-Beatle could not live up to and replicate that "mystique".
    Its alot like a marriage going bad, both see that its not working but are afraid to make a move because of comfort level and other obligations. Fear of the unknown also plays a major part. At the end of the day the Beatles were human and have the same feelings as everyone else.

Its alot like a marriage going bad, both see that its not working but are afraid to make a move because of comfort level and other obligations. Fear of the unknown also plays a major part. At the end of the day the Beatles were human and have the same feelings as everyone else.
    It's interesting you talk of marriage. In one of their last business meetings over who was going to run the Beatle's affairs.... Klein or the Eastmans.... Lennon told McCartney that he wanted a divorce.

It's interesting you talk of marriage. In one of their last business meetings over who was going to run the Beatle's affairs.... Klein or the Eastmans.... Lennon told McCartney that he wanted a divorce.
    Yeah I remember reading about that, at the end of the day thats what a band as big as the Beatles is, your "married" to the other members. The Beatles were over during the White Album and the recording of Let it be made things worse. George Martin as well as the Beatles themselves always said that in the recording of Abby Road there was a feeling that this was it and that it was a very proffesional album and there was very little fighting. It was like they knew it was over but were reconciling for one last fling.

Yeah I remember reading about that, at the end of the day thats what a band as big as the Beatles is, your "married" to the other members. The Beatles were over during the White Album and the recording of Let it be made things worse. George Martin as well as the Beatles themselves always said that in the recording of Abby Road there was a feeling that this was it and that it was a very proffesional album and there was very little fighting. It was like they knew it was over but were reconciling for one last fling.
    I'm glad they went out on a high note with Abbey Roads. The last album released was Let It Be, but only after Phil Spector had been given the tapes and did his number on them.

This is a good article on the "Get Back" sessions from which Let It Be sprung....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be_(album)

I'm listening now. Kind of interesting but I like the songs the old way. I guess as a Beatles junkie I had to have it, but its just a hair above the Anthology series IMO.

Turn Off Ads?