Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Cardinals (Molina) crying again

Tossed out for arguing a call, probably should be suspended for at least 8-10 games. The biggest bunch of babies in baseball and they wonder why Phillips said what he did.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinals (Molina) crying again

He wasn't tossed for arguing a call, he was tossed because he threw his helmet on the ground in frustration after being robbed by a great play.

And Phillips said what he said because he likes attention; that's really all there is to that.

4. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by CARDINALred View Post
    He wasn't tossed for arguing a call, he was tossed because he threw his helmet on the ground in frustration after being robbed by a great play.

And Phillips said what he said because he likes attention; that's really all there is to that.
    Whatever you want to tell yourself.

6. Likes:

4thand1 (06-06-2013),BoxingRed (06-04-2013),coachpipe (06-03-2013),foxfire123 (06-02-2013),Hey Meat (06-09-2013),jimbo (06-03-2013),KYRedLeg (06-03-2013),Wonderful Monds (06-02-2013)

I haven't see it yet , but I very seriously doubt he was tossed just for tossing his helmet because he got robbed on a great play.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    I haven't see it yet , but I very seriously doubt he was tossed just for tossing his helmet because he got robbed on a great play.
    Your doubt is very understandable having not actually seen it; the incredulity of it is most likely what drove Molina to rage. Also, the umpires stated in post-game comments that Molina's contact with the umpires was "incidental," which greatly reduces the chance of a suspension.
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.

9. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

Your doubt is very understandable having not actually seen it; the incredulity of it is most likely what drove Molina to rage. Also, the umpires stated in post-game comments that Molina's contact with the umpires was "incidental," which greatly reduces the chance of a suspension.
    Actually, no it doesn't. Contact with an ump is an automatice suspension. It being incidental lessens the length of the suspension, maybe.

Plus, throwing equipment is also an automatic ejection from the game, no matter the reason. Ump had to toss him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

11. Likes:

4thand1 (06-06-2013),marcshoe (06-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Actually, no it doesn't. Contact with an ump is an automatice suspension. It being incidental lessens the length of the suspension, maybe.

Plus, throwing equipment is also an automatic ejection from the game, no matter the reason. Ump had to toss him.
    I don't really know what else to say to this other than that you are incorrect on both accounts.

13. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

I don't really know what else to say to this other than that you are incorrect on both accounts.
    Actually, there much to say, like showing me in the rulebook where I am wrong. I have been wrong before, and always admit it when I am. But I need to be shown first.

And welcome to Redszone

15. Likes:

marcshoe (06-02-2013)

Actually, there much to say, like showing me in the rulebook where I am wrong. I have been wrong before, and always admit it when I am. But I need to be shown first.

And welcome to Redszone
    I don't know how many times I've seen a player throw a bat in frustration after a popup and not get tossed. I've lost count. If that is supposed to be an automatic ejection, the umpires haven't been doing their job.

Can you cite the rule in the MLB rulebook?
    Last edited by Beltway; 06-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.

17. Likes:

IntheCards (07-10-2013)

And welcome to Redszone
    http://goodcallsbaseball.blogspot.co...r-removal.html

Straight from The Umpire School and PBUC (Professional Baseball Umpires Corp):

Throwing equipment in disgust over an umpire’s call may be grounds for ejection. If the umpire deems the action severe, the umpire may eject the offender. If league regulations permit, the umpire may instead warn the offender by issuing an equipment violation. If issued, the offender is to be notified immediately.
    (emphasis is mine)

It should be noted that Molina's helmet-throw was not even necessarily in reaction to the umpire's call itself, rather in reaction to the mere fact that he was robbed of an RBI base-hit by a good play by the Giants' shortstop.

But even if you're not buying that, no, "throwing equipment is" most definitely not "an automatic ejection from the game, no matter the reason." "Ump" did not have "to toss him."

I don't have time right now to look up the bit about automatic suspensions and contact with an official, but you're definitely wrong about that, too.

And thank you!
    Last edited by CARDINALred; 06-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    I don't know how many times I've seen a player throw a bat in frustration after a popup and not get tossed. I've lost count. If that is supposed to be an automatic ejection, the umpires haven't been doing their job.

Can you cite the rule in the MLB rulebook?
    Okay, I am wrong. From what I have read via the Google, throwing equipment for any reason is an automatic fine. Throwing equipment in anger will always get you tossed. I think it's safe to say that Molina threw his helmet down in anger.

Edit: Looks like CARDINALfan beat me to it. Told ya' I have no problem admitting I was wrong

20. Likes:

marcshoe (06-02-2013)

Apparently on the TBS broadcast, Ron Darling and John Smoltz both said they think the umpire who tossed Molina should be disciplined. Surely they aren't "crybabies."

After seeing the video, it does appear that he was ejected for just the helmet throw. What happened next was a lot more than incidental contact.

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    After seeing the video, it does appear that he was ejected for just the helmet throw. What happened next was a lot more than incidental contact.
    Not according to the Crew Chief.

Turn Off Ads?