Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Re: 2013 Reds Home Attendance Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Great to s the Reds drawing so well.
    Looks like I'll have to pay top dollar on StubHub for my post season tickets in Cincy.
    I don't mind.
    Cincinnati Reds - 27,384......... Rank (MLB) 17
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofStLouis View Post
    http://twitter.com/bestfansstlouis

4. Likes:

bigredmechanism (06-07-2013),LexRedsFan (05-25-2013),OnBaseMachine (05-25-2013),Reds/Flyers Fan (05-25-2013),Tom Servo (05-25-2013)

Considering their market size, that's excellent. Cincinnati is the third smallest market in MLB.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Not bad for a team from a significantly smaller metro area and with a stadium that seats almost 5,000 less than yours.

But you're just in this thread to be a smug malapert, because it makes you feel good about some shortcomings in your life, so whatever.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

7. Likes:

RadfordVA (05-25-2013),remdog (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Did I just discover my new favorite thing on the internet?
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Not bad for a team from a significantly smaller metro area and with a stadium that seats almost 5,000 less than yours.

But you're just in this thread to be a smug malapert, because it makes you feel good about some shortcomings in your life, so whatever.
    Not true, I am not smug, but I am a bit saucy. Honestly, I really figured that the figure would have been higher.

As far as the " market size " argument, it is ambiguous at best (see article below).

I'm not trying to say that Cincinnati isn't a small market, just that, as it pertains to baseball, the immediate vicinity in and around the city is not the end all to be all. Traveling 50 miles or more to attend a game is not uncommon for any team, and often fans travel from other states. Judging attendance figures solely on their " market size " isn't always a true barometer.

As for the Twitter feed, a bit homophobic for my taste, surprised they allow it.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/analy...ams-in-nfl-mlb
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Not true, I am not smug, but I am a bit saucy. Honestly, I really figured that the figure would have been higher.

As far as the " market size " argument, it is ambiguous at best (see article below).

I'm not trying to say that Cincinnati isn't a small market, just that, as it pertains to baseball, the immediate vicinity in and around the city is not the end all to be all. Traveling 50 miles or more to attend a game is not uncommon for any team, and often fans travel from other states. Judging attendance figures solely on their " market size " isn't always a true barometer.

As for the Twitter feed, a bit homophobic for my taste, surprised they allow it.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/analy...ams-in-nfl-mlb
    While true that teams have fans who travel to the games, it seems that all markets have surrounding areas to draw from. Towns of 25K 50 miles away from a Ballpark are pretty common I'd guess. That would seem to bring it back to immediate market size, where the impulse walk-up fan and especially season ticket holders come from. People may drive 50 miles to see a game, but I'd guess the vast majority of those who go 81 times per season are the ones who live close and those season tickets are a primary driver for attendance.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

One of the greatest responses I've ever seen. Awesome.

All I see is some of the most homophobic tweets about soccer being played in THEIR stadium from both men and women of all kinds...... I mean how Ignorant is that part of the country?

13. Likes:

Reds/Flyers Fan (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    All I see is some of the most homophobic tweets about soccer being played in THEIR stadium from both men and women of all kinds...... I mean how Ignorant is that part of the country?
    Who cares about St. Louis? That city doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form.

15. Likes:

remdog (05-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Who cares about St. Louis? That city doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form.
    You don't take kindly to people from Mazzuri?

It really is sad how badly the Marlins have screwed up South Florida baseball. I really do think they had the potential to build something if they played things right. Playing baseball in a football facility miles outside of town in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity was not a good way to start, but over my six years living in MIA, I have encountered a lot of "stay home" fans who watch nearly every day on TV. Attending the WBC in March further opened my eyes to just how passionate SoFl fans can be about this game. Of course, the high number of immigrant audiences here does create a complicated situation in many ways, but it isn't insurmountable as the Heat have shown recently (those games are off the hook expensive now and half the cars around here have "El Heat" flags flying on them). I think in many ways, Loria et al. were trying to follow the Heat model with their push for Reyes, Buerhle, Bell and other free agents, but the failure to land Prince Albert put a damper on that. Anyway. I have definitely learned over my time here that this economy is as unpredictably resilient as they come, and the fan base has a short memory. I wouldn't be shocked to see a competitive team in Miami again -- and I think the fans would come if the team is there. But who knows?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Based upon the attitudes AND the spelling, they're leading the way for ignorance.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

You don't take kindly to people from Mazzuri?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3NSTbi4OQ
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Salukifan2

As far as the reds attendance goes I don't understand why they are only 17. The Cincy metro area isn't too big but the Cincy regional area is massive. There are almost 10 million people within a 2 hour radius of GABP.

Turn Off Ads?