Turn Off Ads?

Thread: David Wright

David Wright

This is the player I'd most like to see the res target. I think depending on what you give up you may get the mets to take oon some of the salary. Here is wwhy I think the Reds should do it.

The reds don't have a a third baseman or a cleanup hitter. I see Todd frazier as having most value as a utility player. Cairo is getting long in the tooth and I see frazier taking over his role. Juan fransisco is just to inconsistant at the plate. I see another edwin encarnacion. So all of this is why I'm hoping the reds can trade for david wright. He'd be a little bit of a risk since he's had a rough year and he makes a salary in the mid teens, but he's still young 28 he's a proven all-star at the plate and in the field and the reds would controll him for two years with a team option for a third. I think wright would be revitalized in a new town not to mention a smaller market wwith less media scrutiny playing in a division up for grabs. He's been on a team which for most of his career it was done before they started.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Wright

Fransisco has not been giving a chance, it has nothing to do with being inconsistent he was never had a chance.

He is a Career .295 hitter, the problem is that career only included 95 ABs

His minor league numbers indicate he would hit about 30 HR with 100 RBI in a full MLB season

David Wright makes 14M this season, 15M next and a club option for 16M in 2013. If you trade for Wright no way is Phillips resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Fransisco has not been giving a chance, it has nothing to do with being inconsistent he was never had a chance.

His minor league numbers indicate he would hit about 30 HR with 100 RBI in a full MLB season

David Wright makes 14M this season, 15M next and a club option for 16M in 2013. If you trade for Wright no way is Phillips resigned
    This guy looks the part until you really look at the splits. He can't hit lefties, is very suspect defensively and does not draw alot of walks.

I would like to see a Frazier/Fransisco platoon next year if we can find a way for Rolen to retire with dignity.

When I look at Wright I see a guy who has the legit ability to put up .900 ops numbers as he's done it 4 of his 8 years in the majors 3 of the other years he's been .837+ and his only year under .800 is this year at .788 and he's been on the dl since mid may. Oh and not to mention he's a two time gold glove award winner. Oh and also did I mention he's only 28? The guys is legit as they come and is a worker.

Like I said I think coming to a team who is competing for a divisional title would do wonders for giving him a new life, not to mention getting away from the suffocating NYC media. The Reds have 13 million coming off the books with Cordero. I slide Chapman to closer and that hole is filled. (I don't see him ever being a starter) You are right the truth is that there are alot of guys who will need resigned, but if this ownership is serious about about competing for a WS title and is willing to put up some extra money it's possible. NY may be willing to eat a little of Wrights salary to get him off the books with the financial spot they are in right now.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 07-25-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

I could see the Reds getting involved for Wright if he were available. What I would like to see is a deal with the Mets where they take on Arroyo and Rolen in exchange for better prospects to balance out the money. It would be beneficial to the Reds to try to get involved in the Beltran-Giants drama by providing Ramon Hernandez to the Giants with Beltran also going to the Giants and the Giants providing prospects also to NY.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I could see the Reds getting involved for Wright if he were available. What I would like to see is a deal with the Mets where they take on Arroyo and Rolen in exchange for better prospects to balance out the money. It would be beneficial to the Reds to try to get involved in the Beltran-Giants drama by providing Ramon Hernandez to the Giants with Beltran also going to the Giants and the Giants providing prospects also to NY.
    Problem is the Mets are not looking to take on money and a contract like Arroyo's which is why I think he's pretty much untradeable.

As long as Scott Rolen wants to play 3rd he is the Reds everyday starting 3rd basemen.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    As long as Scott Rolen wants to play 3rd he is the Reds everyday starting 3rd basemen.
    Thanks Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Thanks Walt.
    I don't like it either but that is what we are stuck with, our owner loves Rolen and he is signed through like what 2020....

Can't say I know the Reds farm system well, but it would take a TON to get Wright. I haven't seen anything "offered" here that would be anything close to what it would take to get him. The one idea that packages Rolen and Arroyo for Wright must be a joke.

Would love to see this guy here.

It would solve our "big RBI guy to hit behind Joey" need and fill our gaping 3B hole (Scotty's on his last legs <frown>.), and provide some leadership, as most feel he is a good "character guy."

Turn Off Ads?