Hanigan c
    Bailey

no BP

Lets get the brooms out!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs Pirates

A win today would be gravy.

Two runs will be enough. Anyone concerned about Phillips yet?

Which Red gets drilled today? Which inning?

I will go with Bruce in the first.

EMAW

Dusty on the postgame last night said Phillips did not play because they would have had to pinch run for him in a tight spot and he did not have mobility. Retroactive DL him? Cairo and Valdez can handle the spot and will not kill the team.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Which Red gets drilled today? Which inning?

I will go with Bruce in the first.
    im not sure who but i think someone will

edit: maybe early tho iincase they can't later like last night

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Two runs will be enough. Anyone concerned about Phillips yet?
    Not really concerned yet. Between us winning without him and the Pirates being out for blood, I think it just makes it easier for Dusty to continue to give him rest. Otherwise I get the feeling he could have played yesterday.

It's bizarre to me that Phillips was a late scratch yesterday and then he wasn't even capable of pinch-hitting. Did something happen yesterday in BP or warmups I wonder?

There was a tweet last night from a Pirates beat writer. He said AJ Burnett was in the dugout pointing out all of the Reds he planned on drilling tonight. Something like this guy, then that guy, then that guy...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    It's bizarre to me that Phillips was a late scratch yesterday and then he wasn't even capable of pinch-hitting. Did something happen yesterday in BP or warmups I wonder?
    after the game he tweeted he was mad he was scratched so im guessing it was just dusty call.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Dusty on the postgame last night said Phillips did not play because they would have had to pinch run for him in a tight spot and he did not have mobility. Retroactive DL him? Cairo and Valdez can handle the spot and will not kill the team.
    Yeah....it's early August with about 55 games remaining.....if he took 30 seconds to circle the bases 4 days ago and needs a pinch runner still.....I don't want to see him in a game for a week. Don't mostly heal....heal. We don't want Phillips at 75% for the rest of the year....let's sit him a bit and have him 95-100% from Sept and on.

Homer should plunk their lead off guy with a curve ball. Cause both benches to get warned again and save our hitters from getting hit.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Homer should plunk their lead off guy with a curve ball. Cause both benches to get warned again and save our hitters from getting hit.
    They owe us one. Let em have it.

All we need to do is win the game.

They owe you one when someone is hit on purpose, no one was hit on purpose.

Reds and 26.2's

Winning the first two games of this important series makes it easier to give Phillips another day to heal before a road trip.

I think that's all it is.

No matter what happens today, the Reds leave this series with a bigger lead over Pittsburgh than when the series started.

Turn Off Ads?