Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Bengals at the Panthers

Re: Week 3: Bengals at the Panthers

Those two penalties were horrible calls.

2-1.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Thank you. Finally. TD.

20-7 pending PAT

The Bengals finally burned someone on passes they seem to get beat with all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This just in - Mike Nugent's got more leg than Shayne Graham.
    Dude's got a canon for a leg. Very, very impressive. MVP so far.

4 hours after the game has ended, I'm still shocked at how bad Carson is now. He was missing throws today by yards, not feet.

Changing subjects a bit, why is Bratkowski so slow, stubborn, and stuck in his ways? Trying to get Brat to change his game plan during the game is more difficult than getting an 80 year-old to eat dinner after 5:30 PM. It was raining you jackarnus. Stop allowing Carson to throw the ball downfield!! The little dink and dunks were working. Keep running it. No, he continues to allow Carson, who was obviously way off today, tossing ball to Carolina players throughout the game. I can't stand him.

Nice clock management again by Marvin and the offense to end the first half. Garbage like that is why he shouldn't be the head coach.

What's the most amazing thing about all of this is how bad Carolina is/was today. And I thought the Bengals had problems. Any other team and the Bengals lose today. Lucky week. I'll take it, but it must change or they're going to get crushed by Cleveland next week.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

To be fair the end of the first half was basically because of what ever line man felt like taking a nap on the last play and a false start 1 play before that.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    To be fair the end of the first half was basically because of what ever line man felt like taking a nap on the last play and a false start 1 play before that.
    That would be Dennis Roland. Time for Andre Smith...

Palmer making that throw to begin with was the height of lunacy. Any intelligent QB should know you CAN'T throw over the middle of the field there unless you're guaranteed a TD. There was no way the Bengals were stopping the clock there.

Fortunately style points don't matter in the NFL. With the Bengals' schedule this year, fans should count their blessings for any 'W' that comes their way, no matter how ugly.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Palmer making that throw to begin with was the height of lunacy. Any intelligent QB should know you CAN'T throw over the middle of the field there unless you're guaranteed a TD. There was no way the Bengals were stopping the clock there.
    Across the middle to your massive tight end who is with in falling distance of the endzone...

anyways they had plenty of time and a down. All they had to do was get to the line and down it. If Rolland didnt decide to call it a half they would easily have gotten the snap off.

Across the middle to your massive tight end who is with in falling distance of the endzone...

anyways they had plenty of time and a down. All they had to do was get to the line and down it. If Rolland didnt decide to call it a half they would easily have gotten the snap off.
    They didn't really have plenty of time.
    Even if he was up fast, assuming they downed it, it would have left 1-2 seconds tops.

It was a bad decision to make that throw (one of many this year), in that situation. Carson should know better, but doesn't.

He was tackled at the five.

the pass wasnt to the 5, but thats where Gresham ended up after he tried to break a tackle.

With no time outs left, you take no chances. Make a pass clearly into the end zone or throw it away. Maybe they could've spiked the ball with one second remaining if Roland hadn't been asleep, but that's cutting it way too close.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

There was plenty of time until Roland forgot they didnt have a time out or what ever he did.

Nice clock management again by Marvin and the offense to end the first half. Garbage like that is why he shouldn't be the head coach.
    Okay, here's my question: Baseball teams, with a coaching staff of 5 or 6, have a "bench coach" to help the manager make in-game strategic decisions. Why is it that NFL teams, with staffs three times that big, can't have somebody standing next to the head coach to do the same thing? I can think of any number of NFL coaches who could profit by having someone like that.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Dude's got a canon for a leg. Very, very impressive. MVP so far.

4 hours after the game has ended, I'm still shocked at how bad Carson is now. He was missing throws today by yards, not feet.

Changing subjects a bit, why is Bratkowski so slow, stubborn, and stuck in his ways? Trying to get Brat to change his game plan during the game is more difficult than getting an 80 year-old to eat dinner after 5:30 PM. It was raining you jackarnus. Stop allowing Carson to throw the ball downfield!! The little dink and dunks were working. Keep running it. No, he continues to allow Carson, who was obviously way off today, tossing ball to Carolina players throughout the game. I can't stand him.
    Its funny because you contradict yourself in this. Carson is playing awful right now but its Brat's fault? If cornfused! I thought Carson would be a second tier QB this season. Not one of the best like Brady, Manning, Rivers, etc, but a guy who is good enough to not hurt the team. IMO in the NFL there are only a handful of QB's that are that much better than the competition. IMO Carson was a guy that wasn't going to kill you but also a guy who wasn't elite. So far this season he has looked beyond awful. He has as many weapons as he has ever had around him, but he can't manage to do much if anything with the offense. IMO its Carson and not Brat.

What's the most amazing thing about all of this is how bad Carolina is/was today. And I thought the Bengals had problems. Any other team and the Bengals lose today. Lucky week. I'll take it, but it must change or they're going to get crushed by Cleveland next week.
    How is that bad game management by Marvin? He didn't false start, thats one the QB and OLine. He didn't throw a pass 5 yards short of the goal line, thats one the QB. He didn't fail to get to the line, thats on Rolland. I don't think that last series had anything to do with Marvin, had more to do with the players on the field.

Turn Off Ads?