Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

Re: The Office

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    The fire scene at the beginning and the CPR training scene are classic.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

ahahaha

Creed's entry and exit were great.

Andy's mess up made me cringe and feel sorry for him.

I liked it.

I thought Thursday's new episode was the best in a long time.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    Andy's mess up made me cringe and feel sorry for him.
    I'm loving what they're doing with this storyline. It's the new version of the Jim/Pam dynamic from the early seasons. It's super awkward and super hilarious.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

I liked tonight's episode.

I was hoping Jim would fire Ryan but I think he got his point across with what he did end up doing. It looks like Jim definitely has his work cut out with winning the respect of the office as a manager.

I've almost lost interest in the show. There are moments here and there, but it's being completely over-shadowed by dumb Michael Scott uncomfortable and unfunny situations. The second they said he was going to the meeting, I knew what was coming. I wonder if the folks making the decisions here have ever done consumer research because I really don't think they get what made this show really good at one point and what most fans like about it. Somewhere along the lines they got the impression it was Steve Carrell that made it funny. Heck, I think the show would almost be better without him. Rick Gervais has to be rolling his eyes if he watches this show.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Good point, Michael has been consistently overdone in most episodes for quite a while now. He's gone from awkward to just plain unbelievable.

That being said, I think I've kinda accepted that from the show. They still manage to pack some funny stuff in around the Michael buffoonery so it still is a worthwhile watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I liked tonight's episode.

I was hoping Jim would fire Ryan but I think he got his point across with what he did end up doing. It looks like Jim definitely has his work cut out with winning the respect of the office as a manager.
    Yeah. I don't think Jim can fire Ryan since Michael loves him so much, he'll just re-hire him. About the only person Jim could fire that Michael wouldn't overturn would be Toby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

So disappointing. I really thought we were going to get an epic moment from Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    So disappointing. I really thought we were going to get an epic moment from Oscar.
    Absolutely agree. What a let down. I'm not really sure why I still watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've almost lost interest in the show. There are moments here and there, but it's being completely over-shadowed by dumb Michael Scott uncomfortable and unfunny situations. The second they said he was going to the meeting, I knew what was coming. I wonder if the folks making the decisions here have ever done consumer research because I really don't think they get what made this show really good at one point and what most fans like about it. Somewhere along the lines they got the impression it was Steve Carrell that made it funny. Heck, I think the show would almost be better without him. Rick Gervais has to be rolling his eyes if he watches this show.

I'm sort of a newcomer to the show. I started watching it in the last couple of years and since it's gone into syndication, I've sen pretty much every one now.

It feels forced now. It's like they are trying too hard to come up with some grand situation to make a storyline and it's falling flat. Sure, the show has a few good laughs every week. Creed's gold and he has one line a week. In his case, less is more.

Some shows just stay on past their prime because they run out of stories to tell. I think that's happening to this show. I liked the episode where Andy and Pam went out on sales calls. That felt realistic. The wedding, the bankruptcy thing, the shareholders meeting, Jim's promotion all feel staged.

I've been watching Gervais' Office and he only did 12 or so shows and then wrapped it up. It didn't have time to grow stale or make up some elaborate storyline because they didn't want to rely on the humor they could have just around the office.

It's tough to unring a bell. You can't make Jim a salesman again and Pam the receptionist and have them mooning over each other and never consummating the relationship. I don't think there necessarily has to be such tension because of the co-bosses. Have the 4 main characters in there but they don't necessarily have to involve them in every story. I'd emphasize Andy more and explore this thing with Erin. Involve the lesser characters more. All they are doing now is taking up space except for Creed who has his funny line every week and that's it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Overthinking TV or movies can be dangerous. Going deep into the ocean when the entertainment is only intended for the wading pool at a cement pond is going to ruin the show for anyone. This show is certainly not intended for deep thinking consumption and character development. It is meant to be stupid humor. It is still accomplishing that.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Overthinking TV or movies can be dangerous. Going deep into the ocean when the entertainment is only intended for the wading pool at a cement pond is going to ruin the show for anyone. This show is certainly not intended for deep thinking consumption and character development. It is meant to be stupid humor. It is still accomplishing that.

I agree to a point. Billions of bits and bytes have been wasted on talking about the relative merits of TV shows (and sports teams for that matter). But the show used to be smart humor. It's debatable now if much is funny about the show.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I agree to a point. Billions of bits and bytes have been wasted on talking about the relative merits of TV shows (and sports teams for that matter). But the show used to be smart humor. It's debatable now if much is funny about the show.
    Its just dissappointing that the show has gone down so much, but it happens with everyshow. The only show I can think of that was good from start to finish was WKRP in Cincinnati and the plug was pulled on that before Johnny and Jennifer got married or Andy and Bailey had a baby together.

I have looked forward to watching The Office every week for the past few years, now i find myself flipping around when its on.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

At first I didn't watch the show, now I don't miss an episode. I thought last weeks episode was average but you are going to have that. Every TV show has episodes that are ok or episodes that they use to develop different plot lines. In every episode I find myself laughing out loud which is just fine with me.

Turn Off Ads?