Re: Greinke to Brewers

great....
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Okay, NOW the Brewers are looking scary. They're contenders.

same ole reds...sit back and do nothing.

I forgot the brewers even existed.

Cant believe ole Walt and uncle Bob are just sitting around and doing nothing while everybody else are getting better. Im telling you guys this team was lucky to win the NLC last season. I mean the Reds are a decent team but not great. They need upgrades to compete this season. Gomes is a joke in LF and Janish is not the answer at SS. We need improvments there badly. Now make it happen.

I am sure a lot of you are happy. I have been going on and on about the FO dealing for Greinke. Nothing.

I even posted this past week, "What are you all going to do if Milwaukee gets him?"

This is a JOKE. Walt.

McGwire, Edmonds, Rolen (in his PRIME), Mulder, Kile, Holliday, Will Clark, Larry Walker, and on and on and on...

Walt, those were your moves... in St.Louis...

Where are your Game Changing Moves here?

Oh and all the people that thought the Reds would have to give up too much.... I think the Reds could have put together a comparable package.

This is DISGUSTING.

Another thing. I have been reading a lot in the ORG that the "Greinke to Milwaukee" trade doesn't even bother them, and it doesn't matter that much...

Oh and my favorite...

"Could the best deal made in the NL Central so far be the Bruce extension?" trying to slight the acquisition of Greinke by Milwaukee...

A joke... I mean really... The Greinke trade is by far the BEST move any team in the NL Central has made... Maybe the 2nd best in all of Baseball right behind Lee to Philly.

I just am so excited because I can feel the post, "He had an Anxiety award ANYWAY" coming on and that will be so Aweome to read... SARCASM

Walt should be Ashamed. He could have traded some Minor League Prospects and gave this team a CY Young Award Winner aged 27... He didn't even kick the tires...

Wait, maybe the Reds will get Cabrera again... then that will make the whole thing better.

Greinke, Fielder, Braun, Weeks, etc seems like a pretty good bunch too me...

But dont worry, we have 1 Starting Pitcher who has thrown 200+ Innings as a Starter so the Reds Should be fine...

i'm more worried about the cards honestly. not because of what they did in the off season, but because they still have pujols, wainwright, carpenter, molina, garcia. a lot of guys had career years last year for us, gomes, cairo seemed to come up big when in. i just dont see that happening, votto will be solid, but will he be mvp like again? we expect bruce to improve, hopefully stubbs,does volquez bounce back, can cueto be consistent and become a true #1 TOR guy? looks like chapman in the pen, we all know coco is shaky.

basically to me its a lot like last year, hoping guys improve, we all expect that, but like last year gotta hope it all comes together again. wouldnt shock me if we take a step back in the standings this year. just my honest opinion.

AND THE ROYALS SENT THE BREWERS 2 MILLION DOLLARS

That might have helped the Reds Payroll adding Greinke...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    i'm more worried about the cards honestly. not because of what they did in the off season, but because they still have pujols, wainwright, carpenter, molina, garcia. a lot of guys had career years last year for us, gomes, cairo seemed to come up big when in. i just dont see that happening, votto will be solid, but will he be mvp like again? we expect bruce to improve, hopefully stubbs,does volquez bounce back, can cueto be consistent and become a true #1 TOR guy? looks like chapman in the pen, we all know coco is shaky.

basically to me its a lot like last year, hoping guys improve, we all expect that, but like last year gotta hope it all comes together again. wouldnt shock me if we take a step back in the standings this year. just my honest opinion.
    It is NOT who you're more worried about. It is about the fact that the Reds could have acquired Greinke, and did nothing.

This is not about who you're more worried about... Brew VS. Cards

This is about the 27 year old CY YOUNG WINNER available whom the Reds did nothing to acquire...

I would have rather the Reds not resigned Cairo and Hernandez, took that 4 Million with the 2 Million the Brewers got from the Royals for Greinke, and just acquired Greinke and the 2 Million....

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    It is NOT who you're more worried about. It is about the fact that the Reds could have acquired Greinke, and did nothing.

This is not about who you're more worried about... Brew VS. Cards

This is about the 27 year old CY YOUNG WINNER available whom the Reds did nothing to acquire...

I would have rather the Reds not resigned Cairo and Hernandez, took that 4 Million with the 2 Million the Brewers got from the Royals for Greinke, and just acquired Greinke and the 2 Million....
    wait so youre not upset the brewers have grienke? you're just upset he wasnt traded to the reds? so if grienke goes to the yankees you're still this upset about it? seems kind of silly to be that upset about it. i'm more concerned about him facing us multiple times every year.

i'm not sad we still have leake or wood, stubbs, corzat honestly.

How do you know Walt did nothing? The Brewers also took Betancourt who makes $4mil next year, so the cash they get isn't much. Adding $15mil in payroll probably wasn't an option.

Im not worried about the Reds pitching. Their pitching will be fine. Its the LF and SS postions that worry me. If Gomes is the starting LF we are in trouble, big trouble. His defense is awful and his stick isnt much better. He would be a great bench guy. But just like Cincy always does bring in a bench player and try to make him a starter. It doesnt work and Gomes has proved that for 2 years now.

With Janish at SS. His defense will be ok but his bat isnt close to MLB ready nor will it ever be. Janish a a utility guy and should never be a starter. I cold live with Janish starting SS if the Reds make a big splash in LF but its not going to happen. They will try to start two should be bench players and make no moves. Thats why they will not over achieve again this year and finish in the bottom teir of teams in the NLC. All they need to do is make one or two moves to be a favorite once again.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    wait so youre not upset the brewers have grienke? you're just upset he wasnt traded to the reds? so if grienke goes to the yankees you're still this upset about it? seems kind of silly to be that upset about it. i'm more concerned about him facing us multiple times every year.

i'm not sad we still have leake or wood, stubbs, corzat honestly.
    I would have been upset if Greinke would have gone to the Orioles, Rays, Tigers, Indians, White Sox, Red Sox, Athletics, Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Twins, Blue Jays, or the Yankees...

The Front Office does nothing. That is what makes me upset.

Turn Off Ads?