Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice needed for RB help!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Advice needed for RB help!

Ok, I'm in a 12 team big $ league.

I am loaded at WR (Owens, S. Smith, Curtis, Welker), but need a 2nd RB now that my 2nd RB (A. Green) is questionable. Nobody wants to trade.

I have Addai (bye wk 6), A. Green (10), Branden Jackson (7), and Morency (7).

We start 2 per week and are only allowed 4 RB's on the roster, so if I pick one up, I need to drop one.

Waiver options:

1. Leonard (STL, bye week 9)
    2. Watson (Cin, bye week 4)
    3. Morris (NE, bye week 10)
    4. Buckhalter (PHI, bye week 5)
    5. Dayne or Gado (Hou, bye week 10)

Scoring format is 1 point per 10 yards, 6 for a TD.

I'm 7th in the waiver order, so I don't think I'll get Leonard, but I'll try to claim him anyway. As a back-up claim, does anyone else look good and if so, who do I drop? Morency? B. Jackson? Green? Stand pat?

Addai's bye is coming up and I'm afraid I won't even be able to have a starting RB by then. I have until Thursday morning to make a pick up.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Advice needed for RB help!

You're in a tough spot. First of all, no way can you drop Green since he's your clear #2 RB when healthy. Two things I would consider:
    1) Pick up Dayne or Gado -- whichever one seems to be emerging as Green's top backup for this week. If Dayne's healthy, it's him. That way you will corner the market on Houston's RB situation, whatever happens. Given Green's health, you probably should have done this earlier anyway.
    2) Try to trade one of your WR for a RB. Consider selling high on Curtis by packaging him with someone else like a TE or a QB. You probably really need to get more depth at RB if you are to have a chance, it seems.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Try to pick up Leonard, if you don't get him then Dayne is the next best option.

I'm in a similar bind. My team:

QB: Roethlisberger
    RB: Gore
    RB: Cadillac
    WR: Darrell Jackson
    WR: Wes Welker
    W/T: Reggie Brown
    W/R: formerly Deuce McCallister
    T: Jason Witten
    K: Shayne Graham
    D: Minnesota

With the loss of Deuce I have a W/R position to fill. My backups are pretty weak:
    Joey Harrington, Brandon Jones and Roydell Williams both have a bye, Ron Dayne, and Ernest Graham.

So do I start Dayne at that extra spot or handcuff Cadillac with Ernest Graham who picked up some numbers last week for Tampa? There is little available on the waiver wire and I don't think that I have much to offer in a trade without giving up Gore, which would leave an even bigger hole. Any thoughts?

Appreciate the input, but which RB should I drop? Morency or B. Jackson?

Redeye, The problem with trading a WR for a RB is that everyone must have an exact number of players per position on the roster (2 QB's, 4 RB's, 6 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 K's, 2 DST's). That's why I couldn't handcuff A. Green to Dayne as well. This type of roster set up really limits what you can do on the waiver wire. In the draft I handcuffed Morency to B. Jackson, thinking that once Morency was back he'd take over and put up decent numbers.

As for the trade, if say I traded Curtis for a RB, I'd also have to offer a RB and he'd have to offer me a WR, so that me and my trading partner would still have 4 RB's and 6 WR's on our respective rosters.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 09-26-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Josh, I'd go with Dayne.

drop morency

Drop Jackson pick up Leonard
    Drop Morency pick up Buckhalter

No love for Sammy "The TD Vulture" Morris?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    No love for Sammy "The TD Vulture" Morris?
    I have Maroney in two leagues. Believe me, Morris should get some love his way.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Appreciate the input, but which RB should I drop? Morency or B. Jackson?

Redeye, The problem with trading a WR for a RB is that everyone must have an exact number of players per position on the roster (2 QB's, 4 RB's, 6 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 K's, 2 DST's). That's why I couldn't handcuff A. Green to Dayne as well. This type of roster set up really limits what you can do on the waiver wire. In the draft I handcuffed Morency to B. Jackson, thinking that once Morency was back he'd take over and put up decent numbers.

As for the trade, if say I traded Curtis for a RB, I'd also have to offer a RB and he'd have to offer me a WR, so that me and my trading partner would still have 4 RB's and 6 WR's on our respective rosters.
    OK, sorry. Guess I didn't quite understand the way your league works.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?