Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Schedule

Reds Schedule

Would there be any way to implement an "upcoming games" opposite of the RedsZone logo on the pages? It'd be cool to see what upcoming games the Reds' have without needing to run over to Reds.com to see the schedules/times. Just a thought!

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Probably, and it's a good idea, but it would require regular, if not daily, maintenance, and I don't think that's something GIK or I could commit to.

Re: Reds Schedule

Hmm...couldn't you just pull the API from an online schedule? There'd have to be something out there that auto populates and doesn't require daily shenanigans.

Sure, if you can point me in the right direction, I'll be more than happy to see what I can do.

Roger that...Ill take a look around.

Looks like there is a publicly available RSS feed on the Reds website. You just need to create a plugin to accept that and it'll auto-update with each upcoming game.

8. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-07-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (05-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Looks like there is a publicly available RSS feed on the Reds website. You just need to create a plugin to accept that and it'll auto-update with each upcoming game.
    I see this one, but it's not specific to the schedule - is this the one you had in mind, or is there another one that only lists the schedule? If so, what is the URL?

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/rss/index.jsp

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/sched...e.jsp?c_id=cin

Is there anything on that page you could use?

I can look into it, but nothing immediately stands out to me on that page that would accomplish what you're requesting. If anyone is well versed in this sort of thing (I'm not), please feel free to lend a hand.

I have a good friend of mine who's a web developer...I'll see what he has to say.

13. Likes:

camisadelgolf (05-08-2013)

Sounds good...thanks.

Even utilizing the blank space next to the RZ logo with a complete mini schedule that could be clicked and enlarged would be better than nothing if the auto updating idea isn't feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Even utilizing the blank space next to the RZ logo with a complete mini schedule that could be clicked and enlarged would be better than nothing if the auto updating idea isn't feasible.
    That's also a pretty good idea...I THINK I could figure out a way to implement that if others like the idea, too.

17. Likes:

New York Red (05-16-2013),WMR (05-14-2013)

I do like the idea a lot of having a schedule of some kind made available here. I think that would be very helpful.

19. Likes:

WMR (05-14-2013)

Take a look at the Reds Away style here, and let me know your thoughts. I can resize the image accordingly, as it's likely too big right now, but I can't make it too much smaller and keep it readable.

Turn Off Ads?