Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will have the better career: Jason Heyward or Jay Bruce?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Heyward

34 65.38%
  • Jay Bruce

18 34.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will have the better career: Jason Heyward or Jay Bruce?

Re: Who will have the better career: Jason Heyward or Jay Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    It's time to start entertaining offers on Bruce. That stock could go south any moment. Don't think Jocketty isn't thinking the same thing, too.
    Yep, his 1-4 first game after a great spring following a season being the most unlucky player in the majors and still having a great last month warrants trading the player with the most upside on the entire team. Especially since he isn't a youngin anymore, hes already the 24th oldest player on the 25 man roster.

Gimme a break FCB. I guarantee Walt isn't entertaining offers.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Yep, his 1-4 first game after a great spring following a season being the most unlucky player in the majors and still having a great last month warrants trading the player with the most upside on the entire team. Especially since he isn't a youngin anymore, hes already the 24th oldest player on the 25 man roster.

Gimme a break FCB. I guarantee Walt isn't entertaining offers.
    I bet he's been entertaining offers since last season. Injuries, difficulty identifying offspeed stuff (or doing anything with it).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    An acute injury like a broken wrist from a diving catch in no way indicates he's injury prone. That's ridiculous.
    I didn't say he was injury prone.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I didn't say he was injury prone.
    I know. I recognized that after I made my post. That's why I deleted it with the hopes you wouldn't see it.

Mea culpa.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It's time to start entertaining offers on Bruce. That stock could go south any moment. Don't think Jocketty isn't thinking the same thing, too.
    Wow.

He's just a baby.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

If Jocketty was entertaining offers for Bruce, JB would already be traded.

It just isn't very likely.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If Jocketty was entertaining offers for Bruce, JB would already be traded.

It just isn't very likely.
    Agreed.

As for the question, it's a tough one. I'll just say that I think both are going to be tremendous players for a long time.

The grass is always greener with prospects but then again fans tend to overvalue their team's prospects...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'm surprised this is so close. I said Heyward. Seems to already have better plate coverage

Its always easy to be the pessimist. If they suck, you're right and get to rub it in. If you're wrong, than "hey, I was rooting for the guy/team the whole time, I was wrong but it doesn't matter because he's helping the team now."
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Heyward is going to be the better hitter. Bruce will be the better defender. I will take Bruce as the better guy for the next few seasons, but for a career I would take Heyward.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Heyward has some seriously quick bat speed. I can see where the Junior comparisons come from. Impressive.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Heyward's first major league PA? Homer. Bruce's first major league PA? Base-cloggage. Enough said?

Bruce's problem right now is that he does not look at all comfortable at the plate. He needs to slow everything down. He does not recognize pitches well. His front side is pulling off the ball so quickly. I'm afraid this is going to be a major problem for Jay Bruce. Got to keep that front side in and stay on the baseball. It is more pronounced against lefthanders, but he does it on righthanders too. He has no chance against a lefthanders' breaking stuff.

Heyward looked like a beast at the plate yesterday. Stays on the ball real well. If yesterday is a good indicator, he is real good. Like all players, they will find a hole and exploit it. How he handles that will tell a lot.

"Trade Jay Bruce." "Put Janish in the lineup everyday."

What's going on here?

Turn Off Ads?