Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Need some help guys...

Need some help guys...

So I am entering into Fantasy Football for the first time. I joined a Yahoo public league, and had it auto-draft, since I have no idea what I'm doing. Here's what I got (h2h league, BTW):

QB- Michael Vick
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR- Hakeem Nicks
    WR- Antonio Brown
    RB- Darren McFadden
    RB- Matt Forte
    TE- Brandon Pettigrew
    BN- Tony Romo
    BN- D'Angelo Williams
    BN- Anquan Boldin
    BN- Randall Cobb
    BN- Dustin Keller
    K- Matt Bryant
    BN- Mike Nugent
    DEF- Green Bay

I mean, I know GB's Def is really bad, and Forte looked pretty good yesterday, but what do you guys think of my roster overall?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need some help guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    So I am entering into Fantasy Football for the first time. I joined a Yahoo public league, and had it auto-draft, since I have no idea what I'm doing. Here's what I got (h2h league, BTW):

QB- Michael Vick
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR- Hakeem Nicks
    WR- Antonio Brown
    RB- Darren McFadden
    RB- Matt Forte
    TE- Brandon Pettigrew
    someBN- Tony Romo
    BN- D'Angelo Williams
    BN- Anquan Boldin
    BN- Randall Cobb
    BN- Dustin Keller
    K- Matt Bryant
    BN- Mike Nugent
    DEF- Green Bay

I mean, I know GB's Def is really bad, and Forte looked pretty good yesterday, but what do you guys think of my roster overall?

Dump the spare kicker. Go mine some wr with upside from waiver wire. Your guys have an injury history.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Made 2 waiver moves that should go through soon: Dumped back-up kicker Nugent for WR Austin Collie, and dumped GB's DEF for CIN's.

When i said you have guys with injury history, I did not mean to suggest getting a player with an even worse injury history. Avoid Collie.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

When i said you have guys with injury history, I did not mean to suggest getting a player with an even worse injury history. Avoid Collie.
    Haha. Good point. My biggest problem is, I really don't have that database in my head of players like I do with MLB. I barely recognize most guys outside of the Bengals, except the big names.

BTW, my team name- NotTheBunglesAnymore
    Also, thx for the help Logan

Hey Logan, how bout Laurent Robinson as a bench WR?

I'd look for a guy like LaFell if he's there.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

We're only entering week 2. Go read some pre draft articles on top 200s. Check rotoworld. You can get up to speed and at least find guys to keep your eye on. Yahoo allows you to create a watch list. Utilize it. Look for rookie sleepers. You may have to try to take some risks on guys coming back from injury, such as Miles Austin types. Check out Britt, just had suspension lifted. Has some knee issues tho.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks cincyinco. Also, what are the basic, widely used and well-thought of stats?

Thanks cincyinco. Also, what are the basic, widely used and well-thought of stats?

Just the basics yards, attempts, tds can get you started.

If you are a freak like me, you get into points per snap, average depth of target, number of targets, yards after contact. To me the most important thing is to avoid the injury history guys like the plague.

QB- Michael Vick
    WR- Andre Johnson
    WR- Hakeem Nicks
    WR- Antonio Brown
    RB- Darren McFadden
    RB- Matt Forte
    TE- Brandon Pettigrew
    BN- Tony Romo
    BN- D'Angelo Williams
    BN- Anquan Boldin
    BN- Randall Cobb
    BN- Dustin Keller
    K- Matt Bryant
    BN- Mike Nugent
    DEF- Green Bay

I don't know how many teams are in your league, but you have 2 top 10 QBs, 3 top 20 WRs, and 2 top 10 RBs. I would say you are in a pretty good spot. Packers D isn't looking so bad anymore though But, like Logan said, you've got guys with injury history, especially at RB. It might be worth trying to package a starting WR and RB for another top RB to provide some stability. Boldin will still be a solid #3 WR, especially if the Ravens are actually going to open it up this year.

Turn Off Ads?