Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giancarlo-Cruz Michael Stanton is a strong, strong man

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Giancarlo-Cruz Michael Stanton is a strong, strong man

If you have not seen the home run he hit off of former Red Josh Roenicke tonight in Colorado, go watch it here, right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Giancarlo-Cruz Michael Stanton is a strong, strong man

Apparently it was 474-feet, which if memory serves me correctly, was the exact distance of Frazier's straight-away bomb to center the other night.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"So Fla Red"

Yes, identical to Frazier's. Giancarlo has a much cooler new name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Apparently it was 474-feet, which if memory serves me correctly, was the exact distance of Frazier's straight-away bomb to center the other night.
    Hittrackeronline.com has Frazier's at 436 feet. There is an explanation of the vast difference in distances over on RedReporter if you want to see why.

BBTN just said that Stanton's home run was into a 10 MPH wind.... blowing toward home and that it was actually a 494 footer even with the wind. I will be checking Hittrackeronline in the morning to see what it was when adjusted for the weather/altitude.

"So Fla Red"

I used to hit 300+ yd drives with ease when I lived in Colorado and that was with much older club technology in the late 90s. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Hittrackeronline.com has Frazier's at 436 feet. There is an explanation of the vast difference in distances over on RedReporter if you want to see why.

BBTN just said that Stanton's home run was into a 10 MPH wind.... blowing toward home and that it was actually a 494 footer even with the wind. I will be checking Hittrackeronline in the morning to see what it was when adjusted for the weather/altitude.
    I get his explanation but there is clearly a lot of error with it. There's no way that ball would have only landed 36 feet away from the fence if there were no obstruction. That's just not very likely.

I think in this case, 474 feet is much more probable. Both are total estimates based on trajectory, so neither explanation is going to be definitive. I trust the ballpark's estimate more though because they had a much better view of the trajectory. The guy even admits the camera angle isn't very good, so that has to leave a lot of issue with his estimation. I don't think it's prudent to believe an estimation where the trajectory of the ball can't be seen on the video he used to estimate it.
    Last edited by Brutus; 08-18-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I saw that earlier today too. After the Reds called Ludwick's HR tonight 425, I'm curious what the other guys come up with on that one too.

That there can be such a vast difference itself tells me that the whole thing is completely bogus - meaning estimated only and liable to big error. Seems to be really true they'd need three cameras and a triangulation method.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    That there can be such a vast difference itself tells me that the whole thing is completely bogus - meaning estimated only and liable to big error. Seems to be really true they'd need three cameras and a triangulation method.
    Mantle's drive was still rising when it hit the façade at Griffith Stadium. Or so they say...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Meh. I'll take Frazier's bomb over Stanton's.

Impressive, but no more impressive than Fraziers blast in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    The difference is in the trajectory of the ball. HTO saw it being a high trajectory, meaning that it fell much quicker once it reached its apex, where as the Reds labeled it as a lower trajectory. HTO noted that hardly ever do the stadium guys pick the high trajectory, which is why we will at times see their numbers be off a bit from HTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Impressive, but no more impressive than Fraziers blast in my opinion.
    It went 60 feet further than Fraziers, which is incredibly more impressive.

What you guys are forgetting is that Frazier's Homer had already circled the Earth once.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    What you guys are forgetting is that Frazier's Homer had already circled the Earth once.
    I thought it jumped the moon?

Turn Off Ads?