Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers sign the O Dog

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Dodgers sign the O Dog

Didn't see this posted anywhere, and just got my daily text message from MLB.com.

Orlando Hudson signs with the Dodgers.

Didn't give $ or years...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dodgers sign the O Dog

I'd have never guessed they wanted him. That';s a scary good defense up the middle.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'd have never guessed they wanted him. That';s a scary good defense up the middle.
    I just hope Hudson's fully healed from that wrist injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I just hope Hudson's fully healed from that wrist injury.

For his and the Dodgers' sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Does this mean they are giving up on Manny and turning their attention to pitching and defense?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

$3.4MM base + $4.6MM incentives

If the Dodgers sign Manny.. which seems to be more of when not if.. then this team on paper looks pretty good and maybe a early season pick for the NL.

So this is what I thought of with O Dog (does every ballplayer have to have a rapper name???).

“In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

So... the Reds could have had Bobby Abreu and Orlando Hudson for a total of about $6 or 7 million next year? Wow.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So... the Reds could have had Bobby Abreu and Orlando Hudson for a total of about $6 or 7 million next year? Wow.
    Instead we have David Weathers, Mike Lincoln ad Arthur Rhodes while a host of young on the cusp relievers have no spot.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Instead we have David Weathers, Mike Lincoln ad Arthur Rhodes while a host of young on the cusp relievers have no spot.
    I know it seems silly to think that RedsZone could run the Reds better than the current front office, but I'm actually starting to believe we could.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I don't have a problem with signing Lincoln. His numbers were 'good' in my opinion and I like his 'stuff'. He'll be another year back from his arm issues and I thought his cost was reasonable.

As for Weathers, I've been against bringing him back from the start.

Rhodes, (famous shrug) it just depends how and how much he's used. Could be very good all the way down to very bad.

All of this is just my observations and opinions, of course.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Let's not forget about Hairston or 2009 - the year of Willy Taveras

The sad part is that the "bargains" of 2009 may end up being Gomes, Ward or Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    I don't have a problem with signing Lincoln. His numbers were 'good' in my opinion and I like his 'stuff'. He'll be another year back from his arm issues and I thought his cost was reasonable.

As for Weathers, I've been against bringing him back from the start.

Rhodes, (famous shrug) it just depends how and how much he's used. Could be very good all the way down to very bad.

All of this is just my observations and opinions, of course.

Rem
    I'm with you. Lincoln and Rhodes I don't mind if they're used correctly (which with The Dusty I doubt will happen).

But Weathers, Hairston, Taveras = burned pile o cash

Since I do watch the Dodgers from time to time I like this deal for Orlando.

BUT, I really wish, for this price the Reds had signed him and tried Phillips at SS.

I know, I know, all the info, wisdom, etc. says you don't take a GG'er out of his position. But, IIRC, Hudson was the GG'er the year before.

I don't want to rehash the whole thing again but it seems to me that for the little money that Orlando signed for (assuming he's healthy) we could have had a spectacular defense up the middle.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Since I do watch the Dodgers from time to time I like this deal for Orlando.

BUT, I really wish, for this price the Reds had signed him and tried Phillips at SS.

I know, I know, all the info, wisdom, etc. says you don't take a GG'er out of his position. But, IIRC, Hudson was the GG'er the year before.

I don't want to rehash the whole thing again but it seems to me that for the little money that Orlando signed for (assuming he's healthy) we could have had a spectacular defense up the middle.

Rem
    You recall correctly. 2007 Hudson won the 2B GG. IMO, he would have won it in 2008 as well had he been healthy.

It would have been a great experiment (and probably very cost effective in the grand scheme of things) to try BP @ SS and plug the O Dog into 2B.

IMO, BP @ SS is better defensively than any of our current options.

Turn Off Ads?