Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati-Colorado 9/1/13

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati-Colorado 9/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I was gonna say, you may think whatever you want about the Reds, but they are factually not a .500 team, if you're bringing facts into this.
    I can agree with your premise - but --- always a but ---
    the last 2/3 of this season (allowing for a couple % of rounding) -- or the last 86 games for this team - the record is 43 - 43.

So it can be accurately stated that for much of the season they are playing as a .500 club.

It is certainly good that the Reds went 14 - 1 in May against the Cubs, Mets, Marlins & Brewers.

just my 2¢
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Under the radar today, but Chris Heisey was 4 for 4 today.
    Last 5 starts 11/24 with 3 HR

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    the last 2/3 of this season (allowing for a couple % of rounding) -- or the last 86 games for this team - the record is 43 - 43.

So it can be accurately stated that for much of the season they are playing as a .500 club.

It is certainly good that the Reds went 14 - 1 in May against the Cubs, Mets, Marlins & Brewers.

just my 2¢
    15 games above .500 with a run differential of +91 (5th best in baseball) is not a .500 team, anyway you cut it.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    15 games above .500 with a run differential of +91 (5th best in baseball) is not a .500 team, anyway you cut it.
    not making that claim --- or did I miss something I typed?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Last 5 starts 11/24 with 3 HR
    And as the Reds luck would have it, probably hurt.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

You can look at their records in a lot of different ways. In the second half since game 82 the Reds are 30 - 26. The Cards are also 30 - 26. The Bucs are 29 - 27. Pretty competitive as someone else said.

They were one bad pitch from Hoover away from taking 2 of 3 from the Cards last week. If they take 3 of the next 4, all this talk will be over. It's time for a Votto hot streak. I feel one coming.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that Votto could use a day off? He really looks confused at the dish. (and on the bases) (and in the field) (and at the fancy coffee shop) (and at the designer clothes outfitter) (and.......

Seriously though, he and Frazier need a mental break IMO.
    I've said for nearly 2 months that he needs 2 scheduled games off a month from June-Sept, especially without an ASB.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    And as the Reds luck would have it, probably hurt.
    Doesn't matter.....they can have someone else play LF in the 9th inn this week.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Reds don't beat teams with good offenses. Period. They might luck into a win like last night, but Reds offense can't keep up.
    Only the Cards have scored more runs than us in the NL.

11. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-01-2013)

I've said for nearly 2 months that he needs 2 scheduled games off a month from June-Sept, especially without an ASB.
    Agree. He should have taken today off. Now we have the Cards for 4. Can't sit him for any of those.

Ok....I just got done watching the game (DVR'd)...how could any fan of baseball complain about the Helton 2500th hit celebration? Reading on here before watching I was ready for his family to come out and have some drawn out 10 min delay.

The guy is a class act former superstar that has played his entire career there. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with what was done....and being obvious he doesn't reach the next milestone makes it even more acceptable.

I think some people on here don't even like baseball.

14. Likes:

Always Red (09-02-2013),Red Raindog (09-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Agree. He should have taken today off. Now we have the Cards for 4. Can't sit him for any of those.
    And then the Dodgers for 3

Ok....I just got done watching the game (DVR'd)...how could any fan of baseball complain about the Helton 2500th hit celebration? Reading on here before watching I was ready for his family to come out and have some drawn out 10 min delay.

The guy is a class act former superstar that has played his entire career there. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with what was done....and being obvious he doesn't reach the next milestone makes it even more acceptable.

I think some people on here don't even like baseball.

I am late to this party.....and Helton is a good hitter who still benefited from this spacious park....not with his power numbers, but with being in such a big park that if Ichiro hit here...he probably could have hit close to .400.

This park inflates all hitting numbers, not just power ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I am late to this party.....and Helton is a good hitter who still benefited from this spacious park....not with his power numbers, but with being in such a big park that if Ichiro hit here...he probably could have hit close to .400.

This park inflates all hitting numbers, not just power ones.
    Not denying any of that....The Rockies didn't do anything extra for their star that has been a huge part of their organization for over 15 years.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post

just my 2¢
    While that can be argued, to me, it's not very persuasive argument.

It's a 162-game season. All teams play above, below and at .500 during some stretch.

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?