Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Miami vs the Reds

Re: 4/20 Miami vs the Reds

Dat Dude is on pace for 180 RBIs. Look out, Hack Wilson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    What are you, a five year old? Just show a little respect for the board if you don't feel like "taking orders from me."
    Oh please, spare me the pleas from moral superiority. If you were practicing what you preach, you wouldn't have made such a big deal about it anyhow.

I'm sorry that my conversation was distracting you from all the Heisey bashing, Dusty second-guessing and complaints about the lack of Reds' clutch hitting. I'm sure that was real fascinating conversation I was depriving you of.

It's also amusing that you yourself chimed in on the Votto topic in this very thread. But here you are making yourself the arbiter of when someone has to stop talking about it. So again, if you'd be so kind, spare me the condescending orders.
    Last edited by Brutus; 04-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    I would say Votto would be except he's almost never given the opportunity.
    Last year (and this year) Votto was successful less often than Phillips.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Can you imagine another year with Stubbs at lead-off?

How did we ever survive the last two?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    not too surprising too us Reds fans living in Northeast Ohio. He was an absolute monster hitting at that spot in Cleveland and top 5 in baseball then and right now might be the best leadoff hitter in baseball
    I'm just glad we don't have to see him against the Reds anymore. It seemed like he wore us out every time we faced him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    yes i'm a reds fan and i expect success for every team i cheer for and i call it how i see it. I still call the Marlins Florida because that's what they originally were and i still call Tampa Bay the Devil Rays
    I still call the Baltimore Orioles the St. Louis Browns

8. Likes:

Cursh14 (04-21-2013),New York Red (04-20-2013),Tom Servo (04-20-2013),WVRedsFan (04-20-2013)

Love the play Ruggiano made on the last fly ball. Just a guy who is smart and understands the game. It did not work and probably only works 1 out of 100 but still. He has no chance to get the guy at home and instead fires a dart to first hoping the runner is thinking the game is over and doesn't get back to first. I think if it would have worked out perfect his throw would have beat Choo to the plate and the inning would have been over.

To bad his teammate playing first was not as smart and was in the dugout already.

10. Likes:

Brisco (04-21-2013),malcontent (04-20-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (04-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I still call the Baltimore Orioles the St. Louis Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Love the play Ruggiano made on the last fly ball. Just a guy who is smart and understands the game. It did not work and probably only works 1 out of 100 but still. He has no chance to get the guy at home and instead fires a dart to first hoping the runner is thinking the game is over and doesn't get back to first. I think if it would have worked out perfect his throw would have beat Choo to the plate and the inning would have been over.

To bad his teammate playing first was not as smart and was in the dugout already.
    Wow, I didn't even notice that. Definitely a heads up play. Good find.

He'd look awfully nice in a Reds uniform filling the role Heisey currently occupies.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (04-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Heisey. Lol. The box score will show 2 hit and Dusty will point that out.
    I do not think Dusty has that much patience with CH myself...I think he is frustrated by him....but he is not going to hang him out to dry either, as he knows how that works as a player himself.

It probably depends on the location of where you catch the ball. Since the ball would have to beat the runner in order to wipe out the run, it's a smart play if you're shaded toward left center. If you have to go straight back or toward the line, I still think you're better off trying to throw out the guy at home.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I agree, that was really a heads up play that could have kept the game going. Choo was jogging home.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Disagree. Strongly. The whole player is many times worth more than the sum of his "tools".
    His tool(s) got him a guaranteed 1/4 BILLION DOLLARS... Uh... did that come out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Oh please, spare me the pleas from moral superiority. If you were practicing what you preach, you wouldn't have made such a big deal about it anyhow.

I'm sorry that my conversation was distracting you from all the Heisey bashing, Dusty second-guessing and complaints about the lack of Reds' clutch hitting. I'm sure that was real fascinating conversation I was depriving you of.

It's also amusing that you yourself chimed in on the Votto topic in this very thread. But here you are making yourself the arbiter of when someone has to stop talking about it. So again, if you'd be so kind, spare me the condescending orders.
    It's hard to believe someone with almost 9000 posts on a message board could have such a superiority complex. Enjoy your afternoon.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?