Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton AL MVP

Hamilton AL MVP

Josh won the AL MVP
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton AL MVP

Very well deserved, and couldn't happen to a nice guy! A highlight to a great story.

Congratulations Josh!
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

What a great comeback story. Hopefully he keeps it up for years to come.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Nerdvana Annihilation

Pretty awesome considering two of my all time favorite players getting both MVP's in the same year.

Gratz Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    Pretty awesome considering two of my all time favorite players getting both MVP's in the same year.

Gratz Josh!
    I was just thinking the same thing! It's always a little bittersweet just because they could have both of them, lol. Still aways root for Hamilton, and loved him when he was here.

And there's probably people on here that still think the Hamilton/Edinson trade worked out well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    And there's probably people on here that still think the Hamilton/Edinson trade worked out well for us.
    Bingo! I have despised that God awful trade ever since the 2008 HR derby, just imagine what we could have done with those 2 in our lineup.

I personally don't think this thread is the appropriate forum to discuss the Hamilton/Volquez trade. There are plenty of them already on this board, and they are all quite long.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Congrats to Josh. I hope it's the first of many and I hope he keeps on the straight and narrow path for himself and his family's sake.

As for the trade, the Reds needed starting pitching at the time. Where the Reds are now and where they were then are night and day.

It's too easy to look at Josh now and say it was a bad trade. He was a drug and alcohol risk at the time, and he has also been quite injury prone. And nobody knows how much damage he has done to his body with those abusive years.

I had mixed feelings about the trade at the time, but understood why they did it.

Congrats to Josh.

Most said it was a bad trade from day one, the Texas press was amazed how much they got for their leftover garbage

Texas had given up on Edinson, and to this day he has only had 3 good months in his whole career

He trade would not have happened if not for club house cancer Phillips whining to management about Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    He trade would not have happened if not for club house cancer Phillips whining to management about Josh
    ???

Never heard anything about this.

I still hate that damn trade.

Love the trade. You make that trade 10 times out of 10 times.

But, that now makes two (or is it more) MVP's we've traded away.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Most said it was a bad trade from day one, the Texas press was amazed how much they got for their leftover garbage

Texas had given up on Edinson, and to this day he has only had 3 good months in his whole career

Most said it was a good trade from day one.

It's a consensus opinion that the REDS MUST have an ACE to win a World Series. That's not debatable.

It's also not debatable that as a small-market club, we don't have the money to sign an ACE as a Free Agent.

That only leaves picking one up via trade or bringing one through the entire draft process and minor league system.

Because of this, that trade gets made 10 out of 10 times, as we are still looking for an ACE.

We don't need a CenterFielder, nor do we need a Left-Handed Power bat that hits for average, too.

Turn Off Ads?