Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Law School Applications

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Law School Applications

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah I really doubt I'd go to NE unless they gave me a lot of money.

I'm half expecting to get a ding from Temple. What are your numbers?
    So where did you end up going, and how are all the law schoolers making out? I'm in the 3rd year of a 4 year program. About now is when I'm wishing I'd done the 3rd year program. Cuz I'd be done.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    how are all the law schoolers making out?
    Still doin' my thing at Case Western ... 2L trying to figure out where I'll be working this summer ...

3rd Year, graduating in May. I've turned in my note to get my general writing requirement credit and I took the MPRE, so now it's time to coast to graduation, then it's prepping for the bar exam. Now if I could just find someone to hire me after I take the bar.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

how are all the law schoolers making out?
    So beyond glad that I'm not in school and preparing for exams or the bar again.

But, then again, I miss spring break right about now.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    So beyond glad that I'm not in school and preparing for exams or the bar again.

But, then again, I miss spring break right about now.
    As a 3rd year evening student, I'm spending my spring break working all day and writing papers at night. It doesn't feel like a break at all.

It's been a tough year. I was fortunate enough to make law review, but it hasn't yet opened the doors I hoped it would. Maybe in the future.

I know one thing for sure. In my fourth year, I'm going to lay off the paper classes, and take it a little easier on myself. Maybe I'll sign up for "Mortgages for Morons" or "Wills for Waistoids."
    Stick to your guns.

I'm almost in my 2nd year of working for a company in the financial services industry. I decided I was probably doing law school more because I didn't know what to do than wanting to be a lawyer and that probably wasn't the best idea.

I enjoy my job now. I've already been promoted and have another coming and moved on to California and looking to start MBA in fall of 08.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm almost in my 2nd year of working for a company in the financial services industry. I decided I was probably doing law school more because I didn't know what to do than wanting to be a lawyer and that probably wasn't the best idea.

I enjoy my job now. I've already been promoted and have another coming and moved on to California and looking to start MBA in fall of 08.
    Good choice. And selfishly, that means one less smart person I have to compete with for a legal job.
    Stick to your guns.

As a 3rd year evening student, I'm spending my spring break working all day and writing papers at night. It doesn't feel like a break at all.

It's been a tough year. I was fortunate enough to make law review, but it hasn't yet opened the doors I hoped it would. Maybe in the future.

I know one thing for sure. In my fourth year, I'm going to lay off the paper classes, and take it a little easier on myself. Maybe I'll sign up for "Mortgages for Morons" or "Wills for Waistoids."
    Congratulations on law review. I'm just finishing up my tour of duty on law review. I guess I'll find out soon whether it was worth it.

I highly recommend kicking back in your last year. Last semester I didn't lay off on the challenging classes as much as I should have and between classes and law review I just about killed myself from the stress. This semester I only needed to take 2 3-credit classes and that is what I did. With a part-time job and two kids, one at 7 months, I figure I need to save my strength for the bar exam. Now if I could just find that copy of "Commercial Paper for Dummies."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Now if I could just find that copy of "Commercial Paper for Dummies."
    I sat through Secured Transactions and that was more than enough for me. Thankfully, the Ohio State Bar Examiners didn't give us a Commercial Paper question, because if they had my essay would've consisted of a statement about the difference between bearer paper and order paper, a word about "negotiability" (to prove I know the term exists), and then possibly some doodling on the remainder of the page.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?