Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Epic Collapse Not Dusty's Fault

Re: This Epic Collapse Not Dusty's Fault

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If number one happens there is no 10th inning.
    Bingo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is going to be a fun thread after the game...

Welp, good season

So let me get this straight....you pull Homer after 73 pitches when he is cruising and has given up 1 hit yet you leave in Latos in after 75 pitches with the bases loaded when he is in the middle of a meltdown that would make Chernobyl proud?

EMAW

Only for the BAKER HATERS
    Keep on piling on, have a field day. Fire the manager that took you to the playoffs twice in three years.

Don't let Dusty get to the clubhouse fire him before he leaves the dugout. Tired of his crap he left Leake off the roster and kept the likes of Cairo and Simon. Leake can do alot more for the team than both those 2 combined. Plus I for one am getting tired of BP his show boat bare hand running extra bases when not needed bullcrap needs to stop look up to someone like Larkin and play like him.

Let the kids play!

Walt has a lot of blame in this too. This team is woeful scoring runs and he did nothing to address it. He gave us the worst bench in baseball. Also, I think our crack medical staff needs their walking papers.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    Don't let Dusty get to the clubhouse fire him before he leaves the dugout. Tired of his crap he left Leake off the roster and kept the likes of Cairo and Simon. Leake can do alot more for the team than both those 2 combined. Plus I for one am getting tired of BP his show boat bare hand running extra bases when not needed bullcrap needs to stop look up to someone like Larkin and play like him.
    If you believe the manager has all the say in who goes on a MLB roster, you're baseball IQ is ZERO. The GM carries a majority of the wieght in who is on and who is off the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Walt has a lot of blame in this too. This team is woeful scoring runs and he did nothing to address it. He gave us the worst bench in baseball. Also, I think our crack medical staff needs their walking papers.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Only for the BAKER HATERS
    Keep on piling on, have a field day. Fire the manager that took you to the playoffs twice in three years.
    The team took us to the playoffs, not dusty. It's obvious dusty has no clue to manage a game at all.

Again, there's a reason he's never won a ring and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Walt has a lot of blame in this too. This team is woeful scoring runs and he did nothing to address it. He gave us the worst bench in baseball.
    That did not seem to bother them through the season

Why wait till 2 are in and 2 more on before you start warming someone up in a close out game?
    Last edited by LexRedsFan; 10-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Great call Dusty!!! LOL!!!
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

I harped on this all year............First off, This playoff series was lost before the trade deadline when Walt & Co did nothing to address the offense. They knew we needed offensive help, especially left handed hitters, but went on the cheap and wouldn't spend any more. Either you are all in, or you are not. I guess they weren't. Chances like this to go all the way don't come often. This may have been be our ONLY shot with the Votto's, Phillips, etc. You don't know what the next years will bring; injuries, poor performances, etc. This was our year. We were here, but Walt & Co FAILED to get us what we needed to get us over the top. I put 100% of the blame on Walt and Co.
    I did question Dusty's lineups and some of his decisions, but in Dusty's defense, he could only play the players he was given. I said earlier this year we would go down in the first round of the playoffs because of the offensive problems.
    This is a more dissapointing ending than 2010.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I said earlier this year we would go down in the first round of the playoffs because of the offensive problems.
    I also thought we'd be out after the first series.

I just never expected it to go down like this.

But seriously. If Votto doesn't tear up his knee TWICE, and Cueto actually THROWS the GD ball (preferably at Pagan's head), we're probably not having this conversation.

Question I have is: is Votto going to return to form next year, or is the knee always going to be a problem?
    Last edited by malcontent; 10-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Turn Off Ads?