Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane Kiffin to USC

Retired

Re: Lane Kiffin to USC

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Mike Leach might not be a bad choice.
    Leach would be a monster there, with all the resources that would be available to him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm a little disappointed. I wanted Steve Sarkisian or Jim Harbaugh. Kiffin is a good coach and great recruiter but Sarkisian was number one on my wish list.

Lane Kiffin is a joke as a human being.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Lane Kiffin is a joke as a human being.
    I must agree.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

In another part of the blockbuster staff changes, a deal is being worked on in hopes of bringing longtime offensive coordinator Norm Chow back to USC in the same capacity, sources close to the school told ESPN's Shelley Smith.

The current UCLA offensive coordinator held that position with USC from 2001-04. He was also the coordinator at Brigham Young from 1973-99, at NC State in 2000 and with the Tennessee Titans from 2005-07.

Kiffin will bring his father and defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron to Southern California with him

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

Now that excites me. I love Norm Chow, but the Orgeron hiring is just as big. USC always had a great defensive line when he was there.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Tennessee will hire Will Muschamp.

There are literally riots in Tennessee over this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    There are literally riots in Tennessee over this right now.
    What's worse is the recruits saying the coaches were trying to poach them over to USCw even before the official announcement.

UT will come out this much better off with a real coach, except for the littley NCAA investigation Kiffin got started.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What's worse is the recruits saying the coaches were trying to poach them over to USCw even before the official announcement. UT will come out this much better off with a real coach, except for the littley NCAA investigation Kiffin got started.
    Coach O calling UT's early enrollees, telling them not to go to class because it will make it tougher to transfer. Lovely. Another southern state hates Ed Orgeron!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

What has Lane Kiffin ever done as a head coach? His best moments have been off the field. Sparing with Al Davis, calling out Florida, and minor NCAA violations.

USC will get spanked with NCAA infractions within a year or so of Kiffin's arrival. It will be even worse if the NFL doesn't relocate to LA. (I believe that is the biggest issue with USC. The players are treated like celebrities and NFL players. Not a good thing for intercollegiate athletes.)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    This was my first reaction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    In another part of the blockbuster staff changes, a deal is being worked on in hopes of bringing longtime offensive coordinator Norm Chow back to USC in the same capacity, sources close to the school told ESPN's Shelley Smith.

The current UCLA offensive coordinator held that position with USC from 2001-04. He was also the coordinator at Brigham Young from 1973-99, at NC State in 2000 and with the Tennessee Titans from 2005-07.

Kiffin will bring his father and defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron to Southern California with him

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4820737

Now that excites me. I love Norm Chow, but the Orgeron hiring is just as big. USC always had a great defensive line when he was there.
    Kiffin is putting together an awsome staff at USC. All he will have to do is stand on the sidlines and make a butt of himself. Which he can do very easily.
    Bad hire for USC because they are facing NCAA hearing on the Reggie Bush stuff and they go out and hire someone who has basically thumbed his nose at the NCAA since he was hired at UT. IMO, this will end very badly for USC.
    UT is literally on fire. I have read that the students were burning mattresses and other things. They even basically got a posse together to go after Kiffin but were stopped. Fun times in Knox-Vegas.

http://www.wbir.com/video/default.as...01/61546613001
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 01-13-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: add link
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    What has Lane Kiffin ever done as a head coach? His best moments have been off the field. Sparing with Al Davis, calling out Florida, and minor NCAA violations.

USC will get spanked with NCAA infractions within a year or so of Kiffin's arrival. It will be even worse if the NFL doesn't relocate to LA. (I believe that is the biggest issue with USC. The players are treated like celebrities and NFL players. Not a good thing for intercollegiate athletes.)
    So why doesn't UCLA have similar problems? I think USC is getting in trouble because of the tone at the top. What goes on in an organization will be a reflection of the leadership's integrity.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

My general opinion of college coaches these days is about on par with streetwalkers.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    So why doesn't UCLA have similar problems? I think USC is getting in trouble because of the tone at the top. What goes on in an organization will be a reflection of the leadership's integrity.
    Because UCLA has been an afterthought during the Carroll reign. For the better part of a decade USC football was the best show in town. Guys like Leinart and Bush were celebrities, actual celebrities like Will Farrel and Snoop Dogg attended practice, they were LA's version of a NFL team.

Turn Off Ads?