Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball

I think when you struggle as much offensively like IU does sometimes you throw a lot of lineups out just to see if something clicks. But the bottom line is, if they dont shoot the ball well they are going to have a hard time winning. And they dont have a lot of shooters out there. Their defense has been outstanding this year, but the deficiencies on the offensive end have made it too hard to overcome in some games

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    I think when you struggle as much offensively like IU does sometimes you throw a lot of lineups out just to see if something clicks. But the bottom line is, if they dont shoot the ball well they are going to have a hard time winning. And they dont have a lot of shooters out there. Their defense has been outstanding this year, but the deficiencies on the offensive end have made it too hard to overcome in some games
    I can appreciate those comments. But I would say that we are more than half way into the year. CTC seems to have not figured anything out yet as far as a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I can appreciate those comments. But I would say that we are more than half way into the year. CTC seems to have not figured anything out yet as far as a rotation.
    Have you found one that is working offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    Have you found one that is working offensively?
    I think it's a bit of a circular answer.
    Guys don't feel comfortable due to uncertain rotation leads to guys not working offensively, leads to line shift style changes leads to guys not feeling comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-04-2014)

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to psychoanalyze, but in general all of Tom Crean's negatives as a coach come from trying to do too much.

He's notorious for never being done recruiting which leads to the occasional awkward moment of shedding a player he had previously recruited.
    Practices are reportedly more physical, leading to (allegedly) more injuries than your average college basketball team.

During games he switches lineups every other two minutes.

Essentially, because he's basically had to grind to accomplish whatever he's had to accomplish, he never lets things play out without trying to "fix" something.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-04-2014),Razor Shines (02-03-2014),Revering4Blue (02-04-2014)

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. I think IU needed that from Crean when he started but at some point he's gonna have to ease off the gas a little.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-04-2014),Revering4Blue (02-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. I think IU needed that from Crean when he started but at some point he's gonna have to ease off the gas a little.
    Very well said.

Stat geek...and proud

I don't recall him schizophrenic subbing so much the last couple of years before this one. I think some of the problem is he doesn't know what he's going to get from certain guys day to day and gets impatient. I don't care who he's mad at and benching for a spell to send a message, Johnny Marlin shouldn't ever see the floor in a close game.

Does everybody remember last year when CTC was whining about Perrea and Jurkin being ineligible and how it affected the teams depth? So there they are on the bench and we get Johnny Marlin!

Does everybody remember last year when CTC was whining about Perrea and Jurkin being ineligible and how it affected the teams depth? So there they are on the bench and we get Johnny Marlin!
    This is one of those things people complain about that I understand to a point, but really don't get why people are so upset about it.

I mean have Perea and Jurkin really shown anything to demonstrate they deserve more playing time?

It's obviously disappointing that Perea and Jurkin haven't developed more, but do you really want them out there right now that much more than Jeff Howard?

Crean's always been such a stalwart about earning playing time in practice. It doesn't make much sense to assert that if you can't back it up as a coach. It especially doesn't make sense to assert it if you aren't going to back it up even when the scholarship players are not likely to play better than the walk-ons who are likely practicing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    This is one of those things people complain about that I understand to a point, but really don't get why people are so upset about it.

I mean have Perea and Jurkin really shown anything to demonstrate they deserve more playing time?

It's obviously disappointing that Perea and Jurkin haven't developed more, but do you really want them out there right now that much more than Jeff Howard?

Crean's always been such a stalwart about earning playing time in practice. It doesn't make much sense to assert that if you can't back it up as a coach. It especially doesn't make sense to assert it if you aren't going to back it up even when the scholarship players are not likely to play better than the walk-ons who are likely practicing better.
    I don't think it upsets me, but I was led to believe that Perrea and Jurkin could have been contributors on last years team. But of course they weren't. Perrea plays sparingly this year and I couldn't tell you the last time Jurkin saw action. But Marlin out on the floor does crack me up.

I don't think it upsets me, but I was led to believe that Perrea and Jurkin could have been contributors on last years team. But of course they weren't. Perrea plays sparingly this year and I couldn't tell you the last time Jurkin saw action. But Marlin out on the floor does crack me up.
    Yeah Jurkin's never been healthy but players are always better when they're unavailable for whatever reason.
    I remember chuckling quite a bit when Crean complained about Guy-Marc Michel's ineligibility, you would have thought Michel was Kevin Durant and Lebron James rolled into one.

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-08-2014)

Yeah Jurkin's never been healthy but players are always better when they're unavailable for whatever reason.
    I remember chuckling quite a bit when Crean complained about Guy-Marc Michel's ineligibility, you would have thought Michel was Kevin Durant and Lebron James rolled into one.
    Yepper!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

To be fair, that last pre-Zeller year team had ZERO rim protection at all. Guy-Marc Michel could have at least provided that. Not to mention GMM could have served as a backup on the break-thru 2012 team, with additional interior defense, that team could well have proven to be even more dangerous.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 02-08-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?