Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

Re: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

Homer is definitely not Volquez or Cueto... I just don't understand all the hype... I really think it has alot to do with their mental make-up as to why Homer is struggling, not to mention throwing at 89 mph..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Homer is definitely not Volquez or Cueto... I just don't understand all the hype... I really think it has alot to do with their mental make-up...
    He doesn't have either of their stuff. Not even close.

I don't know what happend to be him, but he's just not very good anymore. He's turned into Elizardo Ramirez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

That missed DP by EE's drop looking pretty big now.

Homer is definitely not Volquez or Cueto... I just don't understand all the hype... I really think it has alot to do with their mental make-up...
    I think mental make-up is definitely part of it. However, you can't "think" yourself out of 5-7 mph...I wouldn't think.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Homer has absolutely no command at all. He lets go of the pitch and has no idea where it's going to go. Add to that very average stuff and you have an ineffective pitcher.

Admittedly, I've only seen Homer pitch on TV, but I've never seen this electric stuff he's supposed to have. Not once.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Homer has absolutely no command at all. He lets go of the pitch and has no idea where it's going to go. Add to that very average stuff and you have an ineffective pitcher.

Admittedly, I've only seen Homer pitch on TV, but I've never seen this electric stuff he's supposed to have. Not once.
    100% correct on every point.

He's just not very good.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Not directed at you jesusfan...

Anyone else wanna say that Homer isn't taking his natural abilities for granted? Anyone else wanna say that Homer still projects to be a TOR type SP?

IMO, the kid doesn't care if he pitches in the bigs or not. He really carries himself with a ridiculous sense of entitlement, and obviously thinks he's better than he really is.

And let's not forget that he's still in love with his fastball. The only problem is that he's lost an insane amount of velocity from last year to this year.

I'm ready to see Thompson.. .If someone told you last season that Johnny Cueto, Edinson Volquez and Daryl Thompson would be better than Homer Bailey would you have believed it....?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Griffey's also OPSing just North of .600 vs LHP, while OBPing .300 and SLGing .300.

However, the old man can still rake vs RHP. Wouldn't surprise me if he OPS's North of .900 for the year vs RHP.
    His OPS vs. LHP is currently .670, 6 days ago it was .581. I said last week that I believe he'll rebound and put up somewhere near the .735 OPS that he did last year vs. lefties and I think he's on his way there.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm ready to see Thompson.. .If someone told you last season that Johnny Cueto, Edinson Volquez and Daryl Thompson would be better than Homer Bailey would you have believed it....?
    I might put Maloney better than Bailey.

At least he throws his below average stuff with his left hand.

just amazing that its Pujols and essentially nothing and they kill us all the time.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Keppinger 2-4 tonight... Frazier 3-4...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Thompson no, but Volquez and Cueto yes.

Homer's still young, so I hope that by the time he turns 25 he can remove his head from his butt and be a major positive contributor to this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    just amazing that its Pujols and essentially nothing and they kill us all the time.
    I'm telling ya... LaRussa is a very, very smart man... I don't like the guy, but he can manage.

Keppinger 2-4 tonight... Frazier 3-4...
    To quote someone else on the board (can't remember who), "death, taxes, Keppinger".
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?