Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 WVU Football Thread

Re: 2012 WVU Football Thread

If anyone can come back from 31-7 down at the half, you'd think it would be WV, but it's kind of unbelievable what has happened to these guys since they left Austin. I didn't expect WV to go undefeated....but I certainly wasn't thinking about them getting blown out back to back weeks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Welcome to the Big 12. We're walking into a gun fight with knives.

Bad Defense
    Bad Special Teams
    Lack of quality depth

Previous years we could mask some stuff playing a Big East schedule, now we're playing a legit conference schedule and it is exposing all of our flaws in recruiting the last few years.
    Last edited by Slyder; 10-20-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

WV did manage to lose twice in the Big East last year. By the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They forget that they were hardly dominant in the Big East. With Louisville improved and Rutgers playing well WVU might have two losses in this year's Big East as well.

When I say I have no comment on the last two games, its not out of bitterness. I just have literally no idea what has happened to the offense. I knew the D was bad, didn't know it was this bad. But the lack of offense is the most surprising and concerning thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And won two outright BE titles in twenty years. I say that not as a slight to WV, but as a reminder that the BE was never as terrible as people wanted you to believe.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

At least this thread isn't calling for Geno Smith to be benched after TCU game...
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    At least this thread isn't calling for Geno Smith to be benched after TCU game...
    I was at the game and there were fans in the stands calling for Geno to be benched. When you consider the backups are a sophomore (Millard) and freshman (Childress), be careful what you wish for.

For the longest time you kinda wondered who wanted to win the game more. WVU's defense was somewhat better in terms of forcing fumbles and making hits, but the offense is still stalling.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised with WVU's fans. The final call was questionable and the fans were booing, especially on the replay shown at the stadium. I was with my wife and her family thinking "We need to get out of here now, given WVU fans have a history of doing some "stupid" things". The fans booed when the call was confirmed, but the fans were very complimentary to the TCU fans who made the trip.

After the game, I pretty much decided to make the plunge in football only. I still bleed blue in basketball, and that isn't going to change. When your football team has only one win on the season and the AD thanks the true 19,000 fans for showing up and saying the ones who didn't have "personal agendas", it gets pretty frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I was at the game and there were fans in the stands calling for Geno to be benched. When you consider the backups are a sophomore (Millard) and freshman (Childress), be careful what you wish for.

For the longest time you kinda wondered who wanted to win the game more. WVU's defense was somewhat better in terms of forcing fumbles and making hits, but the offense is still stalling.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised with WVU's fans. The final call was questionable and the fans were booing, especially on the replay shown at the stadium. I was with my wife and her family thinking "We need to get out of here now, given WVU fans have a history of doing some "stupid" things". The fans booed when the call was confirmed, but the fans were very complimentary to the TCU fans who made the trip.

After the game, I pretty much decided to make the plunge in football only. I still bleed blue in basketball, and that isn't going to change. When your football team has only one win on the season and the AD thanks the true 19,000 fans for showing up and saying the ones who didn't have "personal agendas", it gets pretty frustrating.
    Couple people were rumor-mongering that Geno got lit up in the Texas game and he's not been the same qb since. I still like Geno but he doesn't look like the same QB that played the previous 5-6 games in this 3 game stretch. I know we really don't have anyone else but I wonder if maybe he got his bell rung at some point and he's worried about it?

Just my thoughts.

William Arthur Ward

Fellow named Don Barclay had to step in for the Packers today and did a good job. Anybody know anything about this guy?

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/d...-0c5e9810e5cc/

Don Barclay doing the job.

Turn Off Ads?