Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday April 30, 2012 Minor League Updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Monday April 30, 2012 Minor League Updates

Not good for Andrew Brackman, who started for the Bats today. He walked 5 batters in 1 inning of work, threw 3 wild pitches and only had 8 strikes in 34 pitches before being pulled. The Bats trail 5-0. Only a Corky Miller single is on the board for the Bats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday April 30, 2012 Minor League Updates

Dayton is down 3-0 in the 5th inning. They have only two hits on the day and one was erased on a caught stealing. Stalin Gerson allowed 3 earned in 5 innings.

Louisville rallied to tie the game 5-5 in the ninth. The Bats scored twice in the ninth, featuring a leadoff double from Costanzo, an RBI single from Felix Perez, a sacrifice from Corky, and an RBI infield single by Phipps. Dorn grounded out with the bases loaded. Key to the comeback were three scoreless innings from Ron Mahay.

Corky is 3-3 and Daryl Jones has two hits.

Dayton lost 7-0. Dan Jensen was nicked for his first three runs of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Louisville rallied to tie the game 5-5 in the ninth. The Bats scored twice in the ninth, featuring a leadoff double from Costanzo, an RBI single from Felix Perez, a sacrifice from Corky, and an RBI infield single by Phipps. Dorn grounded out with the bases loaded. Key to the comeback were three scoreless innings from Ron Mahay.

Corky is 3-3 and Daryl Jones has two hits.
    Costanzo with some wicked splits at L'ville: .421 vs. LH, 1.237 vs. RH, 19 ABs against each.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Costanzo with some wicked splits at L'ville: .421 vs. LH, 1.237 vs. RH, 19 ABs against each.
    A lefty third baseman who can hit righty pitching. Hmm . . . .

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not good for Andrew Brackman, who started for the Bats today. He walked 5 batters in 1 inning of work, threw 3 wild pitches and only had 8 strikes in 34 pitches before being pulled. The Bats trail 5-0. Only a Corky Miller single is on the board for the Bats.
    It's got to be about time to pull the plug on Brackman. He doesn't have it.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    It's got to be about time to pull the plug on Brackman. He doesn't have it.
    I was thinking the same thing. He sure milked the Reds though didn't he?

I assume that is OPS, if those are his BA's he would be setting some kind of record.

Louisville lost in 12, 6-5, on a double, some other stuff, and two wild pitches by Travis Webb.

The double was by our old friend, Bill Hall.

Batting averages of the top four (Negron, Jones, Phipps, Dorn) in the Louisville lineup: .216, .158, .165, .197.
    Last edited by mace; 04-30-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    A lefty third baseman who can hit righty pitching. Hmm . . . .
    That's why I looked at the splits.

California League
    Donald Lutz, Bakersfield
    (.370/.370/.889, 6 G, 10-for-27, 3 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 8 RBI, 6 R, 0BB, 3 K, 2 SB)
    Having hit .301 with 20 homers and completing the first cycle in Dayton Dragons history last season, it comes as no surprise that Lutz is thriving in the Cal League. Beginning last Sunday, Lutz delivered at least one extra-base hit -- including four home runs -- in his next six games while driving in 10 runs. The 23-year-old ranks second on the circuit in homers and RBIs and has helped the Blaze put together the best record in the league.
    Hitter of the week in the California League.

Lutz is also 2nd in the league in HR, SLG and RBI, while being 12th in average.

I'm glad we have some hitters in Bakersfield and Pensacola because Louisville and Dayton are struggling bad.

Brackman: oh man that's bad.

Lutzy is the man! Does he get a watch like Bruce?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

That's why I looked at the splits.
    He's striking out about 30% of the time and showing no improvement - he's been doing that since 2005. Still manages to put up good numbers, too bad he's never figured out how to make more contact.

Maybe he should calm his bat down, he's still wiggling it when he starts his swing, and it's a big looping swing as it stands.
    Mike Costanzo of the Carolina Mudcats hitting - YouTube
    Last edited by powersackers; 04-30-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?