Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 10

American Idol Season 10

Anybody watching?

They went from 24 to 12 last night which is the first time I remember them doing that.

Overall I've really like this season. The new judges are good if not a little too nice. Seems like the talent level of the show is higher than it has been in 5 or 6 season, but we'll see now that they are singing live.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: American Idol Season 10

Not really big on any of the men. Disappointed that Chris Medina didn't stick around longer, but at least he's already gotten a record deal.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Anybody watching?

They went from 24 to 12 last night which is the first time I remember them doing that.

Overall I've really like this season. The new judges are good if not a little too nice. Seems like the talent level of the show is higher than it has been in 5 or 6 season, but we'll see now that they are singing live.
    I've actually really enjoyed this season thus far. Great talent and I like Steven Tyler a lot as a judge. He's a surprisingly good dude.

Casey Abrams is my favorite and he's one of the best I've ever seen on the show. He's incredibly talented capable of playing many instruments with a voice that could fit into any type of genre. He's pretty amazing to say the least. I'm expecting Casey to have the best career after show, regardless of where he finishes.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I don't like to see them chop that many at once. Among the guys I like Casey (who won't win) and Paul. James Durbin (this years screamer) could be interesting. Country Scotty is a one trick pony. Wonder if he can ride it all the way.

Among the ladies, If Pia can keep it up she could go all the way, unbelievable voice and drop dead gorgeous is quite a combo. Alaina (country girl) could win.

Thanks goodness Rachel Zevita was canned.

I agree the talent level is very good. I have been watching since Season 6 and this year the talent is the best. There isn't one singer that is head and shoulders above the rest, but there aren't any total duds either. All of them are good singers.

My early pick for the winner is Pia Toscano. I really like that Brett kid with the red hair and was sorry to see him go so quickly. I also like Scotty the country singer even though I am not a huge fan of country music. We have had folks voted out already that were good enough to be in the top 3-5 on previous seasons. The new judges' panel really did a great job of evaluating the talent this year.

Frankly I don't miss Simon Cowell at all. I never did think he could tell a good singer from a bad one, and judging by the large number of great singers this year that had been rejected in previous tryouts you could make a strong argument that the new judges know a lot more about good music than Simon Cowell did. Steven Tyler has been awesome as a judge. His passion and love of music really stands out and is a stark contrast to the negativity Simon brought to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I don't like to see them chop that many at once. Among the guys I like Casey (who won't win) and Paul. James Durbin (this years screamer) could be interesting. Country Scotty is a one trick pony. Wonder if he can ride it all the way.

Among the ladies, If Pia can keep it up she could go all the way, unbelievable voice and drop dead gorgeous is quite a combo. Alaina (country girl) could win.

Thanks goodness Rachel Zevita was canned.
    I agree they should give everyone more than one song before we obliterate half of them all at once. Over the years lots of very good singers were eliminated before we ever got a chance to get an accurate depiction of their talent. You can't judge a baseball player based on one game, and you can't judge a singer based on one performance.

Yes James Durbin is a screamer, but I find his screaming far less shrill and sharp than the "nails on a chalkboard" shrieking of Adam Lambert. James' Judas Priest song was actually pretty darn good I thought, far better than his Hollywood round performances.

I agree with you also on Rachel Zevita, she didn't belong in the top 24 and neither did Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I agree they should give everyone more than one song before we obliterate half of them all at once. Over the years lots of very good singers were eliminated before we ever got a chance to get an accurate depiction of their talent. You can't judge a baseball player based on one game, and you can't judge a singer based on one performance.

Yes James Durbin is a screamer, but I find his screaming far less shrill and sharp than the "nails on a chalkboard" shrieking of Adam Lambert. James' Judas Priest song was actually pretty darn good I thought, far better than his Hollywood round performances.

I agree with you also on Rachel Zevita, she didn't belong in the top 24 and neither did Jordan.
    The only one I was really surprised didn't make it was Kendra. I thought she was one of the best girls and gave the best wild card performance.

I fully expected this season to be a train wreck without Simon, but it's been a pleasant surprise. Steven Tyler really exceeded my expectations.

As far as the singers, Jacob is an insane talent. I just hope he learns to modernize, because he can't win if he can't sing anything written in the last 30 years. And could someone please explain Paul's appeal to me? He does have a good voice, but his style is old fashioned, and he's incredibly awkward on stage. I just don't get it.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm going to stray from the pack on the two new judges. They have loved nearly everyone that has performed, and they rarely offer any type of helpful criticism.

Steven Tyler was indeed awesome leading up to the performance shows, but his judgments on the live singing have been basically, "I like you, that was good."

If you are going to tell someone that was so off-key that it was difficult to watch that they were great, it's off for me.

If they don't start getting tougher, I may give it up for good.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I fully expected this season to be a train wreck without Simon, but it's been a pleasant surprise. Steven Tyler really exceeded my expectations.

As far as the singers, Jacob is an insane talent. I just hope he learns to modernize, because he can't win if he can't sing anything written in the last 30 years. And could someone please explain Paul's appeal to me? He does have a good voice, but his style is old fashioned, and he's incredibly awkward on stage. I just don't get it.
    Paul is like a Bertie Higgins/Rupert Holmes sandwich with Kenny Loggins dressing.

Not appetizing 30 years later.

I thought tonight's episode was really good. Very talented group. My prediction is Casey and Pia will be the final two with Scotty and James Durbin as two dark horses. I still like Casey the best and hope he wins.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

My top 6; in no particular order.

pia, Durban, Casey, Jacob, Scotty, and Stephano.....Alaina is a dark horse for top 6

I don't see how you can call Alaina a dark horse. Steven predicted her as the winner after her initial audition and they've been promoting her relentlessly.

Pia was outstanding again last night. Casey was too in a different way. Paul McDonald who I like could be out after that. Does no one give them advice? Don't pick songs that no one knows. And then he sang poorly.

Ashton or Stefano could be vulnerable too.

Casey is definitely my favorite. His performance with the upright bass was great, and last night's was awesome too. Pia is definitely incredible too. My top 6 in no particular order would be: Casey, Pia, Jacob, James Durbin, Stefano, and Lauren.

Scotty is interesting because he doesn't have much versatility, but he does Country really well. He'll probably get a deal after he's voted off.

I actually like Paul a lot too, but he doesn't have a broad enough appeal to go far.

My official elimination prediction

13. Paul
    12. Ashton
    11. Stefano
    10. Karen
    9. Naima
    8. Jacob
    7. Hailey
    6. Thia
    5. Alaina
    4. James