Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1998 - Juiced Balls?!?!?!

I'm toolsy.

1998 - Juiced Balls?!?!?!

From Espn:

"Examining the CT images of Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball one can clearly see the synthetic ring around the core -- or 'pill' -- of the baseball," UMS president David Zavagno said. "While Mark McGwire may or may not have used illegal steroids, the evidence shows his ball -- under the governing body of the league -- was juiced."

Complete story: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2719191

How can baseball take such a hard stand on performance enhancing drugs when they themselves offered up performance enhancing baseballs?

I know that these are two completely different issues,but this just further leads to my view of Bud Selig as a hypocrite!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1998 - Juiced Balls?!?!?!

MLB had to do something to get people to come back after the players' strike and cancelled world series
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Juiced baseballs and juiced players.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

For a Level Playing Field

A company that uses computer imaging claims baseballs had a larger rubberized core and a synthetic rubber ring in 1998
    Key word... claims.

I am sure there are still lots of baseballs from the 1998 season. I am sure these balls can be tested against other baseballs from seasons before and after 1998.

I do not know, but I will not take this as truthful just yet. Makes for a great ESPN story during the MLB offseason though.

I thought steroids just made balls smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I thought steroids just made balls smaller?

Turn Off Ads?