Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Votto

Joe Votto

I am so Glad Dusty has been starting Votto...

He started against Lilly and was able to produce... He hit that Homer in the 2nd... Plus a Double!

I am pyched about Votto becoming a Superstar!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joe Votto

was at the game today...Joey looked awesome! also had a great play on a line drive that would have been a double for sure....
    Reds fan since 1970

Votto is a beast. That ground rule double he hit yesterday he almost completely missed it. You could tell he was upset when he hit it but it just kept carrying all the way to deep left center field.

Has JV started 2 in a row now? If he starts tomorrow, then I'll believe Dusty is leaning his direction.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Dusty told Hatteberg today that from this day forward Votto will be his man at first base. It's on today's game recap article from reds.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Botkins View Post
    Dusty told Hatteberg today that from this day forward Votto will be his man at first base. It's on today's game recap article from reds.com
    That is spectacular news.

Votto's looking more and more like a budding superstar.

The dude is finally heating up.

He just looks like a slugger. I think he made a great effort on that great play by EdE. He really stretched for it and completed the put-out.

In the replay, it looked like he was a little fired up as he tossed the ball back out. Good to see some fired-uppedness from one of the guys
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Botkins View Post
    Great news !

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Here's the link to the article at reds.com in case anyone wants to read the whole article. It's a great one tonight!

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Even though Scott Hatteberg has more experience against lefties, Baker stuck with Votto as he has for the past several days. Baker informed Hatteberg that Votto would be his main man at first base going forward.

"Today was a big day for him because of that left-handed pitcher," Baker said. "It was a great day. I told you it was coming. I just had to see a little more aggressiveness and bat speed, which we've seen coming the last couple of weeks."
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Okay, get Bruce up here next and let's continue this youth movement. Our best players are all the young guys.

The one thing I don't like is that Votto hasn't taken a walk yet. That was once one of his strong points.

Maybe he's getting pitches he "just can't refuse"?

The walks will come Donkey. It seems that opposing pitchers are coming right after him now. Once they realize that he's going to hurt them badly, they'll start pitching him more carefully, and the walks will come. Joey knows how to hit.

Hope he doesn't get his salary up to 8 million in a few years, we know what happens to a first baseman then!

Turn Off Ads?