Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox release Chris Duncan

Red Sox release Chris Duncan

per MLBtraderumors. Duncan was released I dunno is this the type of guy we should take a flyer on? He's 28, bats LH, has power and good OBP stats, at worst he's a 4th OF. He had solid years in St.Louis 2006-2007, but injuries have stalled him. He can play the corner OF spots as well as 1B, he wouldn't be a bad pickup on the cheap IMO! Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Red Sox release Chris Duncan

At worse he's a player without a position who can no longer hit.

Time is the Revelator.

Was hitting .190 / .258 /.298 in 80+ AB for Pawtuckett.

I like his eye, but who really cares. Nothing to see here.

He can't hit and can't play defense. He is alright at 1B, but horrible in the Outfield. It was so frustrating to watch him here in St. Louis. Every Cardinal fan was so excited to see him traded. I guess he can't do too much harm as long as he stays in the minors.

Only if he brings his dad with him.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'll risk the ire of the propriety police: I've said it several times: Chris Duncan's a juicer who hid behind his pops.

Moonface city.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

You need to be pretty bad to be a Pawsox reject, they are just a dreadful team this season.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I don't think he is worth our time. Balentin has a way bigger upside as do the other young OFs in the system. I agree with FCB: I think Duncan was a juicer. I can't prove it, but his stats and injury history sure suggest a strong case.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Only if he brings his dad with him.
    If he brought his dad with him, then you would have to deal with Chris being a starter on the MLB team.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    If he brought his dad with him, then you would have to deal with Chris being a starter on the MLB team.

Well, Chris couldn't upseat the Cards firstbaseman, and he wasn't much....

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Well, Chris couldn't upseat the Cards firstbaseman, and he wasn't much....
    Right...Duncan didn't have a position in St Louis. When he stopped hitting, he didn't have much use anywhere. LRussa refused to send him to the minors no matter how bad he did. So the only option was for the GM to trade him. LaRussa and Duncan were upset, and Duncan reportedly threatened to quit, but everyon denied that happened.

heck, if Dave won't do it then let's offer the pitching coach job to his first baseman/son. let's test them genes .

"Hi Dad, did you look at the video of Homer that I sent?"
    2015, baby!

Chris and Shelly would do themselves well by buying some Duncan Donut's franchises.

I'd think Danny Dorn could produce at least the same level of production that Duncan could offer at this point.
    Go BLUE!!!

Isn't it great that as Reds fans we have to talk about every player that has been released, and think we could catch lightning in a bottle? It's just so uplifting that we get to talk about Bill Hall and Chris Duncan as possible options for next season. Gotta love it!

Turn Off Ads?