Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cincy Sports talk 100.3 starts on 1/2

Re: New Cincy Sports talk 100.3 starts on 1/2

I've listened a little bit and so far I like the new station. Mo Egger is my favorite local sports talk host, but I think CBS Sports Radio will become my go to for sports talk in general.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I've listened a little bit and so far I like the new station. Mo Egger is my favorite local sports talk host, but I think CBS Sports Radio will become my go to for sports talk in general.
    Which shows have you been listening to? National-wise.

Have no earthly desire to listen to one minute of Tierney, Tiki, and Dana Jacobsen

John Feinstein is a sanctimonious dbag

Like Rome's show a lot
    Gottlieb's good cause he talks college bball more than anyone else.
    Like Scott Ferrall a lot, but can understand why people wouldn't like him.

My normal sports radio day:

6-9 - Steve Czaban on Yahoo! Sports Radio
    9-12 - Dan Patrick Show
    12-3 - Rome
    3-6 - Mo Egger
    6-9 - Sports Talk on my way home from work

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Which shows have you been listening to? National-wise.
    I pretty much like the same national shows you listed. I'm excited about Gamble's return to the local airwaves because Cincinnati hasn't had a local show while I was driving to work in quite; I'll still tune into Mo in the afternoon.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I made a point to listen to The Tom Gamble show this morning. I definitely enjoyed it more than any other sports morning show. Mike and Mike out, Tom Gamble in.
    Mike and Mike has about ran out of gas with me but problem is, I can only pick up WLW where I live and cant get the other stations you guys are speaking of.
    Guess you could say I am stuck with M&M driving to work. They talk almost soley (I would guess 96 % or so) on football till after the Super Bowl. Yes, I love to talk football as well, but I enjoy hearing segments here and there on other things.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Mike and Mike has about ran out of gas with me but problem is, I can only pick up WLW where I live and cant get the other stations you guys are speaking of.
    Guess you could say I am stuck with M&M driving to work. They talk almost soley (I would guess 96 % or so) on football till after the Super Bowl. Yes, I love to talk football as well, but I enjoy hearing segments here and there on other things.
    No aux cable in your car to hook up to your smartphone? That's what I use so I never have to listen to terrestrial radio anymore.

In Columbus we only have ESPN Radio or Fox Sports Radio.

Used to love Furman when he was on Sports Talk, but he just doesn't work as a National host, IMO. Jury's still out for me with Artrell

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    No aux cable in your car to hook up to your smartphone? That's what I use so I never have to listen to terrestrial radio anymore.

In Columbus we only have ESPN Radio or Fox Sports Radio.

Used to love Furman when he was on Sports Talk, but he just doesn't work as a National host, IMO. Jury's still out for me with Artrell
    What kind of data does that take? I've got a plan with 2G and don't want to go over by listening to sports radio on the phone but I'd love to have that opportunity if its low data usage.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    What kind of data does that take? I've got a plan with 2G and don't want to go over by listening to sports radio on the phone but I'd love to have that opportunity if its low data usage.
    Ahh gotcha. Yeah, that could be rough.

I'm not sure how much data it takes cause I have unlimited still, so I don't even look at it.

I guess depending on how much you drive, etc.. It could be something to look at.

Well that didn't last long. All sports guys were fired at noon. I wonder how many times the 2 Angry Guys have been fired?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/...ching-formats/

“The Fan” just flipped to “Old School 100.3, the best old school music in Cincinnati. The entire sports talk staff was fired this morning.

I really enjoyed the station. Pretty sad that it couldn't last.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I listened to it at times. Sucks that it lasted just 7 months. I'm sure the new station is going to do so well. Or not.

I must say, I never got attached to this station. I think I've outgrown Jim Rome. I always liked the Angry Guys but an annoying habit of Tom Gamble's has gotten on my nerves. Ever notice how he tends to be making a good point and then he interrupts his own sentence to start another and might even interrupt that one as well and after awhile he never said much of anything because he never finished a thought? I'd love to be his producer and play a tape to him sometime and see if he knows just how disjointed he came across

Turn Off Ads?