Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Re: Official 2010 Redszone NFL Mock Draft!

Sean_Casey left me his pick in a PM to make for him.

The Miami Dolphins select Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good pick right there

The Patriots are on the clock again, and shortly after the selection of Jared Odrick, there came news that Ben Watson, our only TE left on the roster, had opted to sign with Cleveland, leaving us empty in that position.

The good news is that our option in the first round is still on the board, and while we couldn't be happier, there is a debate to who would be a better fit. Jermaine Gresham is recovering from injury and would be a legitimate end zone target and a better blocker, but Aaron Hernandez is a better pass catching threat and the smaller TE that the Patriots have been known to love.

With that being said, the New England Patriots select Jermaine Gresham, TE from the University of Oklahoma:

Gresham will be an instant impact player for us and will be a reliable target for Tom Brady in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Since we are on a year long break, I'd like to defend my pick (Bradford to Tampa @ 3rd)

I really wanted a DT, but they went the first two picks. Picking the third best DT that high would have been idiotic. I also didn't think it would be wise to pick a safety that high, even though it was a position of "need"... So I just with what I felt was the BPA in Bradford.

What I didn't realize was that Freeman was a 1st Rd pick just last season. Personally I don't know much about him. I looked at his stats and I don't see how he could ever be a starting QB, then again, I don't know much about his hype, collegiate career, or upside. 10 TDs and 18 INTs made me think that even as a rookie, it didn't look good. (This was before I saw that he was a 1st Rd pick). If I could do it over, I would probably just pick Berry.

Realistically though, I would have: a) Traded up for Suh b) Traded up for McCoy or c) Found a team that wanted Bradford/Claussen and traded down.
    There isn't a team in the NFL that would invest Top-5 pick money in a rookie QB one year removed from drafting a first-round. That's tying up WAY too much money (and way too much draft-value) into a single position that can only have 1 starter. Even the Buccaneers, as ineptly run as they are, would never do something like that.

As far as Eric Berry goes -- total pass on him. Even if he is the next Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, his skills would be wasted in a team that runs a Cover-2 as their base formation. In most defensive schemes, he'd be back in deep coverage support and not allowed to freelance in the middle of the field looking for the football. Further, Tampa already has a very good young free safety (Tanard Jackson) -- they need a thumper that can play SS and get physical with people in the box (see: John Lynch in his prime). Those kind of players can be found later in the draft.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    There isn't a team in the NFL that would invest Top-5 pick money in a rookie QB one year removed from drafting a first-round. That's tying up WAY too much money (and way too much draft-value) into a single position that can only have 1 starter. Even the Buccaneers, as ineptly run as they are, would never do something like that.
    Like I said, I didn't realize Freeman was a 1st Rd pick.

But, I don't think there is a chance that if it goes Suh-McCoy that they will keep their pick.

Um...should somebody PM the next guy up to see if he's still among the living?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I'm banned for quite some time, so for the sake of moving things along, I'm going to make the Broncos' next pick and not log on until the ban is over.

The Denver Broncos select J.D. Walton, center, Baylor. Now that Casey Wiegmann is gone, we need a huge upgrade on the interior line, and we feel we're getting, by far, the best center available.

The New York Football Giants select Daryl Washington, LB, Texas Christian.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by camisadegolf View Post
    I'm banned for quite some time, so for the sake of moving things along, I'm going to make the Broncos' next pick and not log on until the ban is over.

The Denver Broncos select J.D. Walton, center, Baylor. Now that Casey Wiegmann is gone, we need a huge upgrade on the interior line, and we feel we're getting, by far, the best center available.
    Don't know what happened, but I could take over for Denver if need be assuming this makes it to round 3.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Don't know what happened, but I could take over for Denver if need be assuming this makes it to round 3.
    That is fine as we will make it to the 3rd round. I PM people when I see a lull in the drafting. Obviously with Cam being banned I could not PM him.

Forgot there was only three picks in between.

Now for quite possibly the pick that everybody has been waiting for.

The New England Patriots addressed two areas of concern, one with selecting Jared Odrick to replace the presence lost by Richard Seymour's departure, the other being TE Jermaine Gresham after losing Ben Watson to the Browns.

The Patriots were looking last year to join the Wildcat bandwagon and were looking at WVU star Pat White as a potential option before he went to Miami. This year, there is a more intriguing pro prospect who is going to have to be reinvented, but during the short term can be used in said Wildcat formations and could even see time at other positions.

Without further adieu, the New England Patriots select:

Tim Tebow, QB, University of Florida.

Tebow gives the Patriots somebody they can afford to keep and groom as the potential heir apparent to Tom Brady over the next 3-4 years long term, and gives them a potential Wildcat option in the short term.

Patriots picks so far:
    DE-Jared Odrick
    TE-Jermaine Gresham
    QB-Tim Tebow

Welp, at least now we know who's going to be winning the next few SBs.

You know who Tebow has on his side, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Forgot there was only three picks in between.

Now for quite possibly the pick that everybody has been waiting for.

The New England Patriots addressed two areas of concern, one with selecting Jared Odrick to replace the presence lost by Richard Seymour's departure, the other being TE Jermaine Gresham after losing Ben Watson to the Browns.

The Patriots were looking last year to join the Wildcat bandwagon and were looking at WVU star Pat White as a potential option before he went to Miami. This year, there is a more intriguing pro prospect who is going to have to be reinvented, but during the short term can be used in said Wildcat formations and could even see time at other positions.
    Without further adieu, the New England Patriots select:

Tim Tebow, QB, University of Florida.

Tebow gives the Patriots somebody they can afford to keep and groom as the potential heir apparent to Tom Brady over the next 3-4 years long term, and gives them a potential Wildcat option in the short term.

Patriots picks so far:
    DE-Jared Odrick
    TE-Jermaine Gresham
    QB-Tim Tebow
    Pat White is the better Wildcat model.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Pat White is the better Wildcat model.
    Possibly, but Tebow is more or less a luxury pick. Outside of possibly the Colts, no other team could really pick Tebow this early and hold onto him for 3-4 years and develop him to take over in the long term. Short term, he could be a change of pace type QB who is used on rushing plays or even an HB option.

The Patriots excel in trickery, and Tebow gives them another option to account for.

I love the Tebow pick. With 3 2nd rounders, why not?

I don't think Tebow will make it out of the 2nd round, myself.

Turn Off Ads?